Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
- Is responsible for OUTERWEAR, T-SHIRTS and SWEATSHIRTS product groups.
- Create block patterns and specs for own product groups according to design requests.
- Creating product specs and design packs for handover to factories within set deadlines.
- Arrange fit sessions for own product groups.
- Attend and lead fit sessions, prepare and relay fit comments to the factories and ensure these are accurately executed.
- Correct and amend block patterns according to design requests and ensure these get handed to factories within set deadlines.
- Updating and managing graded specs and sizing standards.
- Keep specs, grading and block patterns up to date.
- Follow and update the critical path.
- Create, organize and manage block pattern library for own product group.
- Support the factories where there are make or construction queries on specific garments.
- Flag any variance in measurements and quality issues throughout a style's cycle.
- Develop and standardize workmanship techniques for own product groups.
- Take regular factory visits to oversee proto/sampling/production development.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience as a Fit Technician within the industry on Menswear products.
- Should be capable of working under pressure and on their own initiative, but are also active team members and team players.
- Comfortable working closely with designers on new ideas and interpretations as well as with the production team and factories.
- Will be responsible for seeing a style through from pattern and fit all the way to sealing stage.
- A good understanding and knowledge of patterns as well as the production process and methods of manufacturing is needed.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and quality.
- Good communication skills.
- Should have good organizational skills and be able to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a passion for getting things done.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers is beneficial.
- Should have the ability to quickly take on and effectively utilize in house computer systems.
- PLM or CAD experience is beneficial (Assyst or Gerber). Training will be provided.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top