Exclusive Capsules Manager - CK Ecommerce
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Company
CALVIN KLEIN is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN brand products exceeded $8 billion in 2016 and were distributed in over 110 countries. Calvin Klein, Inc. employs over 10,000 associates globally. We were acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
The Ecommerce team is responsible for managing the European owned-and-operated tommy.com and calvinklein.com sites across all European markets. The team executes all necessary functions to manage the Ecommerce business end-to-end. Both brands are growing at a rapid pace and have very ambitious growth targets for the coming years.
The team is 115+ people strong and will expand significantly by the end of the year. Our team consists of highly motivated and skilled professionals from various cultural backgrounds and nationalities, making it an inspiring environment to work in.
As the own-and-operated Ecommerce business, is one of the main growth opportunities for both brands, there is a high focus in the organization to support the Ecommerce expansion.
At Calvin Klein we are transforming the fashion industry by breaking conventions every single day. We are always exploring ways to bring the industry forward and constantly accelerating the pace in which we do business.
For the buying team at CK.com product is everything - from building the strategy to trading the product live on site. We make sure we have the right product at the right time, buying the strongest possible assortment for ck.com. The scope of the buying team is large, we own the relationship with our brands and need to assure that our vision and product knowledge is translated to all other teams. As part of the team, you are responsible for buying and trading your designated divisions. This entails pitching product stories to our marketing team, influencing the styling and look of our product imagery and suggesting creative ways to improve trade on existing collections, always using data as a guiding principle.
As the Exclusives Capsules Buying Manager, you will be responsible for bringing our exclusive capsules strategy to life for our Ecommerce business. This key position is for all product divisions (including CK Jeans, CK Accessories, CK Jeans Kids etc.) across our ck.com platform. This unique role is part of an intimate buying team, you will work closely with the CK product divisions and buyers to understand our assortment and develop consumer relevant exclusives that strengthen our USP for ck.com. This position is vital to ensure the growth of our ck.com platform. You will report directly to the director buying & site merchandise.
- Oversee the seasonal strategy for exclusives and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure availability of digital assets (image, copy, price) prior to product launch and connect with PVH studios, marketing and content for our exclusive capsules.
- Establish a trusted relationship with respective divisions and maintain regular feedback to the divisions on selling performance and relevant data
- Work collaboratively with the planning team to create range plans and define detailed buy plans incorporating consumer insights, market trends and commercial opportunities
- Manage the complete flow of exclusives from product development with the division through range planning, asset production and launch down to collaborating with our analytics team to obtain insights
- Must stay in tune and update with market trends, competitor activity and developments in assigned geographic markets
- Provide directional input to the content marketing team and studio during creative briefs for style guides, looks, features, promotions and newsletter
- Partner with planning to analyse weekly sales reports and present key learnings, areas of opportunity and proposed actions during trade meetings
- Monitor sell-throughs, proposing and executing trading actions in order to improve sales performance
- Work collaboratively with the content and site merchandising teams to best prepare the business to develop initiatives to support particular categories and products, ensuring categories have visibility and voice
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a real team player, who brings in creative and positive energy. Our team is supportive, strong and creative and we are looking a structured personality that is full of power and wants to push the Ecommerce agenda for ck.com forward. If you are curious about trends, data driven and you think without limits, our team is perfect for you.
- 7+ years previous experience in an Ecommerce buying department/team
- Strong understanding of fashion, the industry and trends
- Commercial and strategic knowledge within an Ecommerce environment with a clear understanding of the metrics that drive online performance
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Good eye for product demonstrating excellent commercial awareness
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in spreadsheet analyses
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to present and map complex Ecommerce business solutions and processes
- Focused on achieving results & confident to take on accountability to deliver to expectations
- Ability to bring ideas to the table in relation to product and brand mix
- Comfortable to build relationships at all levels with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as being a self-motivated individual;
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Quick to learn new systems and tools
- Creates partnership and able to work within diverse teams
- Fluency in English is required; working knowledge of other languages is a bonus
What You Can Expect From Us
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafe's
- A company culture that fosters the development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment that respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work within a flexible schedule
Please include your cover letter with your application. We would love to know why this is THE role for you!
COVID-19 and Working at PVH
As we continue to navigate the impact of COVID -19 and look ahead to shaping our new ways of working, the health, safety and well-being of our associates remains our #1 priority. This means all of our teams, including HR, work a bit differently. Our Recruiting process is conducted remotely, primarily via phone and video calls. New hires will be welcomed through an adapted, at-home onboarding program. Equipment will be delivered safely to your front doors.
We will continue to work this way until September 2021, and are looking to shape a more hybrid work-from-home / office model in the coming months.
Should your application be successful, our Talent Acquisition Team will outline the recruitment process and Covid Work policies in your initial call.
Please note that should you be applying for a role at our PVH Studios, or in our distribution facilities, the hybrid model already applies.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Back to top