Director, Demand Planning - Core Intimates
Design Your Future at PVH
Director, Demand Planning – Core Intimates
As our Director Demand Planning you’ll position PVH business unit through proactive mid-to-long range demand forecasting/planning to support capacity requirements and business strategies. You will provide management guidance and hands-on oversight for the demand planning department. The Director will lead a best in class process to obtain forecast inputs carefully mixing statistical optimization from JDA tools, market intelligence from cross-functional planning teams, sales, customers always converting and de-contextualizing the information for better use for his/her team. Demand planning improvement comes with your efforts to build stronger integration on planning to inventory and supply planning peers, so that demand variances are proactively managed upstream and potential customer service impact (e.g, re-forecasting) is more positively impacted. The Director will assure timely and accurate communication of monthly, weekly, and statistical adjusted forecasts using advanced planning software (JDA), and serve as a key liaison to senior management integrated business planning meetings.
Present to the team competent thought leadership in market dynamics, seasonality, competitive activity, trends, category roles, sales drivers, product life cycle, channel inter-play, and demand science. Similarly, be the voice to senior management of demand and buying anomalies across channels and provide the strategic pattern analysis with consumers and product trend data to influence commercial strategy.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Build and develop a high performance team that consistently meet or exceed expectations by developing and assuring compliance with standard operating procedures, ensuring appropriate training and feedback, and increasing the commercial aptitude of the team to seek and utilize better forecasting science.
- Lead forecasting strategy. Define integrated framework in terms of process, data, and decision making/collaboration that enables that strategy. Create shared outcomes outside and between groups. Oversee and direct whether the team’s mix of demand planning approaches with product and lifecycle segmentation, use of point of sale (POS) data, and attribution creates needed results.
- Improve core+ to market execution in terms of speed and mix accuracy by working on the right planning strategies end-to-end. Find new opportunities in product planning and post-go-live seasonal sell through using team inputs, tool data, and read and react models.
- Set measurable goals, monitor forecast error and develop action plans to improve color/style, sub-class, category, and sales channel forecast at both the account and distribution center (DC) level.
- Drive the monthly integrated business planning (IBP) consensus review process at various team, function, and leadership levels gaining alignment and understanding of demand patterns and opportunities. Provide to team and process the full complement of data, inputs, and analysis.
- Create tangible integration between demand and supply through improved constraint management, balanced prior forecast variances, and joint decision making. Show evidence that risk mitigation improves.
- Work closely with brand and sourcing leaders to better understand historical product performance and product-market opportunities (e.g., trend analysis) to inform their strategies. Develop new links to the merchandising process and improve the value-proposition analysis.
- Engage and build upon key relationships with sales, operations, supply planning and finance to assure accurate and timely forecast inputs and a more optimized order fulfillment model.
- Use effective leadership in team work and team development so that team is retained and continues to hit goals.
- Drive a strong analysis and summarize the results of all data pertinent to creating and explaining the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions and new and lost business).
- Establish reporting to quickly identify forecast variances by planner, account, channel, DC and segment.
- Project and call out potential business impacts due to demand changes by providing timely high profile communication to both planning and supply management teams.
- Play a lead role in the annual planning / budget process by providing finance and supply planning with timely and accurate baseline projections and incorporating new business plans.
- Lead the exploration and analysis into multi-channel consumption (e.g., consumer sales), so that it can over time integrate more meaningfully into forecasting basic process and end-to-end strategies.
- Measure, analyze, and report key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs). Extend over time the appropriate mix of new planning metrics.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7 years professional experience, with a minimum of 5 in supply chain or business planning
- Direct or indirect relationship through work in such areas as planning, inventory management, commercial analysis, operations, buying/procurement, financial analysis, and/or logistics/distribution.
- 3-5 years of experience with a leading forecasting solution / tool such as JDA Demand, i2 Demand, SAP APO, Manugistics, Logility Demand, Steelwedge, Kinaxis, Oracle
- People management experience required
- Experience in collaborative or integrated planning process required
- Strong business judgment, planning and allocation skills
- Strong overall systems background with touchpoint to either leading ERP or MRP process
- Consumer products company, preferred, fast moving consumer goods in multi-channel business highly desirable
- Exposure to manufacturing or retail environments highly valued
- JDA Collaborate highly desirable
Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top