Designer III - Calvin Klein
Design Your Future at PVH
Designer III – Calvin Klein
Designer 3 is responsible for leading the design of 2 seasonal lines of women’s handbags under the direction of SVP Accessories Design. The Designer will oversee the research of trends, concepts, material and color, as well the assembly and creation of inspiration boards for presentation purposes to our licensees. Sketching and illustrating finished ideas, spec’ing all bags and hardware and communicating daily with the factories and Dong Guan Office via email, as well as interacting daily with our two key internal partners: PD and merchandising teams are key to this position. Prototype corrections are also required functions of the position.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Design and development of 2 seasonal collections for CK Retail Accessories
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar
- Review T&A calendar proposal by product development and approve on designs’ behalf
- Responsible to schedule all key design presentations and meetings
- Research and create seasonal mood and “key concept” boards
- Research trends, concept, hardware and color that would enhance a price conscious handbag line.
- Research and prepare materials package to send to Dong Guan office for sourcing
- Present initial design concept via tear sheets to meet line plan requirements set by Merchandising and SVP.
- Prepares design presentations for approval meetings
- Responsible for finished illustrations for presentation boards.
- Designs full face 1:1 spec layouts and prepares spec packages for factories.
- Complete details sheets for 1st proto spec packages.
- Spec new hardware developments.
- Render, and adjust artworks in Illustrator.
- Communicate technical design information to product development team and Dong Guan Office.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with factories regarding all prototype corrections
- Create and Maintain Line sheets in partnership with Tech Design
- Attend trade shows to observe new trends and materials
- Travel twice a year to factories with PD team for finalization of line.
- Shop and research competitive and international markets for trends on a regular basis.
- Stays abreast of current and emerging trends via, retailing, web sites, trend services and editorials.
- Responsible for maintaining organization of sample closets/studio along with NAO design team
- Flexible to work weekends and long hours when necessary to meet deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 6-8 years in women’s handbags design
Education: Bachelor degree in fashion design
- Possess deep knowledge of the global handbag business
- Intuitive and sensitive to up and coming trends
- Leather and material knowledge a plus
- High end aesthetic and pristine presentation skills
- Excellent hand sketch and illustrator capabilities.
- Solid understanding of the handbag business needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Neat, organized and punctual
- Team work focused and a collaborative and friendly disposition
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top