Designer II (Neckwear) - PVH Corp.
If you are a current PVH Associate, please apply to this requisition through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Designer II (Neckwear) – PVH Corp.
The Designer II is responsible for developing and maintaining his/her brands, including private label.
- Create, innovate, and evolve product while maintaining individual brand integrity
- Design into proper channels and recognize DNA of specific brands while understanding product differentiation
- Conduct consistent market research and bring new ideas in house
- Provide support by good record maintenance, timely communication with mills and merchandising teams
- Work with the sales team, licensors, and retailers in a productive and cognitive way to achieve shared end goals as outlined by supervisor.
- Must have hands on experience presenting to retailers. Must be a persuasive, influential seller in getting conceptual ideas adopted by retailers.
- Provide support to sales team in a prompt and efficient manner including presentation preparation and planning
- Adhere to multiple calendars, adjust to unexpected changes and prioritize accordingly
- Learn to read and understand sales analysis for appropriate brands
- Present product in a concise and informed way that will enhance the product and support sales
- Execute a detailed follow up of development from concept to delivery, including implementation, preparation of strike offs, and presentation boards
- Must convey clear instructions in an concise and effective manner to maximize efficiency for mills and reduced costing
- Must be able to understand costing parameters
- Contribute creative ideas for ways to improve processes and presentation
- Work and focus in a demanding busy environment with limited space and privacy
- Support management and be able to help meet overall goals of the team
- Must be able to innovate, implement, and execute new concepts into real, viable product
- Must be able to accept creative criticism and feedback as a tool for improvement
- Must be able to recognize the importance of all aspects of the business and team parts and be able to help prioritize for the big picture and the good of the entire team.
- 4+ years related experience
- Textile design experience
- Neckwear design experience required. Developing, merchandising, and working with Private Label accounts is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent experience
- Strong artistic ability: concept development, planning, designing, art direction and color sense
- Ability to successfully design a broad range of pattern styles
- Strong understanding of yarn dyed woven construction within different types of fabrics
- Willingness to learn the neckwear manufacturing process
- Understanding of coloring both prints and wovens.
- Color mixing and color theory
- Familiarity with pattern repeats
- Discern subtle color variations
- Design, composition theories and fundamentals
- Identify and interpret trends
- Understanding of analytical skills necessary to review sales trends for their brands
- Team player, detail oriented and self-starting work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly in a fast-paced environment
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top