Designer I (Dress Shirts) - PVH Corp.
Design Your Future at PVH
Designer I (Dress Shirts) – PVH Corp.
The Designer I position is a key role in the design and development of product from building initial concept to completion of development for Men’s Dress Shirts. This includes having the understanding of numerous design aesthetics and contributing viable designs to the necessary brands.
- Takes direction from the Design Director and expands on direction/inspiration. It is important that the designer have a voice and vision of their own.
- Takes trend and market research and works innovative designs into brand appropriate styles
- Analyzes past best sellers and worst sellers for future development
- Reviews SKU plans to formulate needed design work for upcoming season.
- Creates viable brand appropriate designs through CAD
- Reviews pattern work with the Raw Materials team
- In charge of sample check in as well as working with the appropriate groups to resolve any issues pertaining to samples
- Develops new trims and buttons
- Utilizes Illustrator/Photoshop to create art work for trim development
- Guides the Assistant Designer on the design and vision of presentation boards
- Reviews all H/E, Lab Dips and H/L NYO approval
- Coordinates and prepares new development hand off with the Tech and Design team
- Present Design product to Licensors, Sales and Retailers
- Participates in seasonal trend books and media presentation through the use of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Prepare costing sheets for submission
- Other related job functions are at the discretion of the manager as needed
- Participates as necessary in model set up
- Coordinating of correct info to Data Entry Associate for line list set up as necessary
- Travels to shop the market when applicable, as well as present product to key retailers
- Make compelling product presentations to Sales and Cross Functional Teams as necessary
Qualifications & Experience
Experience: 3 years related experience required
Education: Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Skills: Creative and Driven, InDesign, Dobby Pro, Photo Shop, Illustrator, Excel
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top