Design Assistant - Knits & Sweaters - Calvin Klein
If you are a current PVH Associate, please apply to this requisition through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Design Assistant – Knits & Sweaters – Calvin Klein
The Design Assistant supports the Design Director – Knits and Sweaters. Assist in communicating inter-departmentally and provide administrative and design and development support.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Assist Design Director in researching new possibilities in pre-development by working with existing factories and/or new vendors.
- Work closely with the Design Director to finalize technical details, specs and stitches for the seasonal prototype packages which will be passed over to the licensee.
- Responsible for yarn ordering, managing POS and invoices and writing comments on labdips.
- Assist with prototype fittings. Correct technical details and stitches for the samples. Packages to be passed to licensee.
- Apply technical instructions or graphs, making lay outs or patterns for the spec package.
- Research and create new approaches and methods to the technique of knitting.
- Interpret the seasonal mood and concept, use the in-house knitting machines to create swatches.
- Assist with yarn research. Work with the yarn mills and agents to gain technical information and prices as well as to develop new types of yarn.
- Organize and maintain library of stitches, yarn cones, yarn mills, color cards, past seasons records of stitches, sketches and sales plans.
- Maintain all design records related to knits and sweaters.
- Handle administrative, organizational and clerical responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- Knowledge of different knitting techniques as well as competency in using hand frame and computerized knitting machines.
- Proficient with the foundations and techniques of hand knitting and crochet methods.
- Background in garment construction.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Flexibility to deadline demands, seasonal schedules.
- Must be open to potential travel.
Experience: 2 years in similar field
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
Skills: Computer skills, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top