The Demand Planner will be responsible for contributing to the management of the demand plan for assigned brands. Collaboration with Sales, Planning, and Production, as well as JDA Forecasting software will be utilized to assist in the creation of accurate forecasts, which will allow us to achieve the highest level of customer service and quality of inventory. Provide analysis to help develop Sales, Product Development and Purchasing plans to meet the divisions' strategic and financial objectives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Creation and maintenance of detailed records of all forecasts as well as various reporting tools in Excel, ACS, Tableau and JDA Demand
- Manage all forecast codes on the sku level and maintain with accuracy
- Support maintenance of forecast accuracy at 75% - 80% by using historical trends, secondary data, input from business partners and statistical forecasting methods to create a quality forecast for designated area of responsibility.
- Analyze actual performance to the forecast and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Prepare and support Monthly Demand Supply Review Meetings
- Prepare and support monthly collaboration meetings for key accounts to align demand and ensure successful executions of various programs (introduction, maintenance, termination)
- Responsible for various administrative and reporting functions within the Forecasting department.
- Provide Ad Hoc analytical support to multiple departments and Senior Management for business decision making
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years professional experience in demand planner, forecasting, supply chain planning
- High proficiency in JDA Demand (or similar statistical Demand Planning tool) and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Direct or indirect relationship through work in such areas as planning, inventory management, commercial analysis, operations, buying/procurement, financial analysis, and/or logistics/distribution.
- Experience in collaborative or integrated planning process preferred
- Consumer products company, preferred, fast moving consumer goods in multi-channel business highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong business judgment, planning and allocation skills
- Strong communication a must
- Strong overall systems background
- JDA Demand experience highly desirable