Circularity and Product Sustainability Manager
All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR), Manager, will focus on environmental sustainability though the lens of product. This will include implementing PVH's strategy for developing circular products and business models, adoption of safe and renewable materials, adoption of sustainable packaging/trims, sustainable synthetic materials like polyester and nylon, and working to reduce the use of single-use plastics in PVH products and supply chain. This role will focus primarily on synthetic materials associated with PVH products, like polyester, nylon, plastics, and packaging.
Under the direction of the Director, Environmental Sustainability & Product Stewardship, the Manager will initiate, lead and manage projects aimed at driving the reduction of fossil-fuel derived materials in PVH products, and support related product focused environmental sustainability initiatives across the value chain. The success of this role will require the Manager to collaborate closely with key internal partners (Supply Product Teams, Raw Material Leads, Technical Design, Marketing, etc.) and key Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives such as Sustainable Packaging Coalition, Fashion for Good, and Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC).
The Manager will exhibit excellent communication and program management skills, strong analytic capabilities, effective problem solving, and the ability to foster partnerships. Direct experience in sustainable products, supply chain and sustainable product packaging is preferred.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Help manage PVH's product sustainability initiatives, including:
- Project management of initiatives and programs including:
- Building, monitoring, and communicating project plans
- Tracking and driving systems integration to access data to demonstrate progress towards sustainability targets/KPIs as well as impacts and cost savings
- Managing data analyses and determining/reporting key insights to help drive decision making
- Help communicate program developments to CR leadership and the broader audiences through various reporting mechanisms, such as the annual PVH CR report, as well as PVH communications and marketing teams.
- Proactively manage the maintenance of PVH CR policies and resource materials related to packaging/trims, synthetic fibers, and recycling of synthetic materials both locally and globally.
- Support environmental issues management, particularly related to plastics and packaging.
- Engage with strategic multi-stakeholder initiatives and promote the adoption of industry tools.
- Review, analyze and provide strategic recommendations related to improving adoption of environmentally preferred synthetic materials.
- Collaborate with PVH brands and divisions to integrate product specific environmental sustainability initiatives into business practices.
- Support PVH's transition to developing circular products by supporting the business in adopting safe and renewable materials
- Collaborate with business divisions, and suppliers to validate and substantiate seasonal on-product environmental benefit marketing claims across all material types
- Create materials to educate internal teams (including designers, supply chain, licensees, etc.) and streamline processes across global brands.
- Help prepare for internal forums and trainings to share cross-division insight, best practices and resources.
- Communicate with impact and help build the business case for product specific environmental initiatives with internal and external parties.
- Adoption and Substantiation of Sustainable Synthetic Materials and Packaging (Specific)
- Identify opportunities to implement and on-board supply chain partners and solutions for mechanical and chemical recycling of products and materials
- Gain a greater understanding of microfibers in the apparel supply chain and work with internal and external business partners to develop a strategy to adopt solutions to reduce the impact of microfibers across PVH
- Research and develop implementation plans to reduce the environmental impacts of all synthetic materials in PVH's products, on-product packaging, and transit polybag packaging
- Support PVH's annual material mapping program and work with Raw Material leads and Supply to develop a strategy and implementation plan to use 100% Sustainable Polyester by 2030.
- Support PVH's effort to drive 100% traceability across its key raw materials
- Execute PVH's bi-annual packaging baseline, searching for ways to improve data collection, and accuracy, and collaborate with business divisions to reduce the environmental impact from PVH's packaging
- Conduct additional research and data analysis to support PVH's Forward Fashion targets as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 6+ years' experience in sustainability or equivalent. Apparel industry, raw material (in apparel or other consumer facing industries) and/or plastics/packaging is encouraged. Supply Chain or product sustainability experience preferred.
Education: Required: B.S. / B. A. or M.S. in business administration, environmental science, or similar discipline.
- Demonstrated ability managing product environmental or corporate responsibility-related programs in the supply chain
- Experience managing and providing internal and external training
- Strong problem solving abilities with a solutions oriented mindset
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically to deliver results
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to explain complex data and content in a clear and impactful way with target audiences in mind
- Proficient in using MS Excel to combine and analyze data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics.
- Must be able to combine large volumes of data for consolidated reporting. Advanced capabilities with MS Excel or data visualization preferred.
- Proven ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of the apparel industry, consumer goods industry, product development or supply chain preferred
- Previous engagement with the Sustainable Packaging Coalition, or comparable industry working groups is a plus
- Working knowledge of global and regional polyester recycling and plastics waste management infrastructure
- Corporate Responsibility Department, corporate office, fast-paced
- Individual contributor & team player at same time - must be able to work independently and to be self-sufficient, but also must be able to act as a team leader and collaborator
- Be flexible and respond to changing demands
- Ability to work in ambiguity
- Domestic or International travel likely between 1 to 3 times per year
Back to top