CAD Designer III - PVH Corp.
POSITION SUMMARY: The CAD Designer III will be responsible for working with woven designers to create woven yarn dyes and prints in Kaledo textile software for presentation boards.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Match seasonal color palette in Kaledo system.
- Work with Wovens Designers to create original yarn dye patterns or duplicate existing patterns, in order to simulate various fabric constructions (i.e. plan, twill, dobby)
- Create prints in full repeat either from original artwork, fabric swatches, or photograph.
- Create mini-bodies incorporating pattern work to scale into the Illustrator sketch.
- Work with designers to create mini-pages by program in Kaledo or Illustrator including sketch of model, segment of actual pattern or colorway, and accurate style #, colorway name, and garment details.
- Assist design team in creating impactful concept boards and design presentation boards
- Ensure accuracy of all CAD work by utilizing correct fabric constructions and clear annotation with regard to repeat and color placement for mill to duplicate.
- Support designers creating fabric development sheets.
- Label and organize CAD work within the system by season and program for easy reference.
- Support design team in creating 3D rendering images by exporting patterns and prints.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 3 to 5 years' design experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Knowledge of Kaledo textile software and Illustrator/Photoshop
- Excellent color sensibility to match standards to textile software.
- Full knowledge of fabric constructions for wovens.
- Print technique knowledge desirable
- Woven garment construction knowledge desirable
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
- Attention to accuracy/detail
* The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Back to top