Buyer, Footwear--Tommy Hilfiger
Design Your Future at PVH
Buyer, Footwear—Tommy Hilfiger
The Merchandiser will work to achieve divisional financial goals by inspiring collaboration and positive cross-functional relationships. This entails successfully executing on seasonal business strategies to include: building and executing a collection that embodies the brand, client and overall experience across both stores and eCommerce.
- Drive the omni business based on long range strategies built on sales, history, and market trends
- Identify how current trends will impact future strategies and adjust as needed and communicate opportunities for growth and decline by classification
- Ownership of finical accountability for sales, margin, and inventory metrics to plan
- Analyze LY information and market information to support strategy development
- Work with cross-functional partners to drive results and make decisions that support the departmental strategies.
- Build relationships through effective collaboration and communicate all strategies to CFT and gain alignment (Design, Sourcing, Planning, Allocation, Visual, Marketing and any other partners necessary to execute)
- Build framework to support strategies – Identify opportunities for grow/maintain/decline in programs/skus and product/classification opportunities
- Edit and balance the line in partnership with Design
- Ensure assortment supports department strategies and falls within brand aesthetic while driving sales to achieve finical goals
- Partner with Visual to communicate big ideas, key investments, strategies, carryover, special needs and to drive to sales plans
- Partner with Planning to execute to the seasonal plans while identify opportunities and risks
- Use Monthly merchandise planning meeting and reports to react to business
- Recommend chase/cancel strategies
- Gather and collect information from competitive set including pricing, style, and key messaging information; Use information to build strategies
- Understand our client and her lifestyle needs
- Develop annual goals and provide mentorship and behavioral feedback for growth and development of direct team
- Manage external vendor through development process
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in Merchandising
- Footwear experience a plus, but not necessary
- Experience building a product line
- Ability to take analysis into action, execute to timelines and provide timely solutions
- Experience working with outside vendors
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and the ability to influence others across functions; build support and engagement
- Strong analytical skills and clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision making capabilities; strong point of view and negotiation skills
- Clear understanding of brand, client and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Candidates must apply directly to the position via our online application system in order to be considered.
No agencies, calls or emails regarding this position.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top