Big Data Engineer - PVH Corp.
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Big Data Engineer - PVH Corp.
This position, as a member of the Business Intelligence & Database team, will assist in the development of our Big Data Analytics Platform. The Data Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the apparel/fashion/retail industry. The Data Engineer must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation with big data. The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of Java, data ingestion, data discovery & analysis, data cleansing, data transformation, data visualization, and SQL/data modelling
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain code, information architecture, and conceptual models to support data processing, and flows thru data lake
- Landing or Source Zone - data ingestion of raw data or capture of streaming data
- Reporting Zone - transform into data model for external consumption by reporting & self-service BI
- Sandbox Zone - evaluate data quality, transform raw data, and cleanse data
- Builds large-scale data processing systems, is an expert in data warehousing solutions and should be able to work with the latest (NoSQL) database technologies.
- Embrace the challenge of dealing with petabytes of data on a daily basis.
- Understands how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions.
- Have extensive knowledge building data processing systems with Hadoop and Hive using programming or scripting languages
- Also expert knowledge should be present regarding different (NoSQL or RDBMS) databases such as.
- Works on implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Recommend, design, implement and maintain the various file formats (e.g. XML/XSD, SequenceFiles, Avro files, or Parquet files) for information interchange between application, external systems, 3rd party applications and/or data lake.
- Review and evaluate database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component, including platform, business logic, data process logic, or database (SQL and data modeling).
- Ability to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions
- Develop data and metadata policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain operational and disaster-recovery procedures.
- Participate in the review of code and/or systems for proper design standards, content and functionality.
- Participate in all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Analyze files and map data from one system to another
- Adhere to established source control versioning policies and procedures
- Meet timeliness and accuracy goals.
- Communicate status of work assignments to stakeholders and management.
- Responsible for technical and production support documentation in accordance with department standards and industry best practices.
- Maintain current knowledge on new developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of systems/application analysis & design experience
- 3+ years of data modeling & database administrator experience
- 3+ years of experience in designing, building, and using a big data distribution, preferably MapR (Hortonworks, or Cloudera), for
- data ingestion, cleansing, and transformation (e.g. Talend, Scoop)
- data discovery & analysis using querying tools (e.g. Impala, Hive)
- data storage using distributed databases (HBASE, Kudu)
- data streaming (e.g. Kafka, Apache Spark)
- data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Lumira)
- processing monitoring (e.g. MapR manager, Hue)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence, programming, and data analysis software
- Experience with Hadoop based technologies such as MapReduce, Hive
- A big data engineer should have sufficient experience in software engineering before the move can be made to the field of big data.
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures should be present.
- Capable to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools
- Understand how algorithms work and have experience building high-performance algorithms
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top