Associate Manager, Product Development - Tommy Hilfiger
The Associate Manager Product Development is an eager individual responsible for supporting the product development process from initial design concept through commercialization. Responsible for supporting the PD Director in accurate and timely production of samples that support both the aesthetic and customer requirements. The Associate will utilize specialized product expertise to help create styles supporting the design vision and business KPIs (including garment and development costs). Critical cross functional partner to the Design, Production Operations, Merchandising, Fabric and Technical teams.
- Supports the PD Director in partnership between Design, Raw Materials, Technical Design, Merchandising and Production Operations to ensure that the product being developed meets aesthetic requirements within the targeted cost parameters
- Support the issuance of Proto orders via system
- Perform daily tracking and maintain records of details, updates, changes for (PLM) system and proto samples ensuring due dates are met
- Daily correspondence between design, vendors, and hub office.
- Work on bottom-up breakdown of Bill of Materials (BOM) at sku level.
- Track and work toward on-time and in full arrival of proto samples
- Represents Product Development in cross-functional calendar milestones. Milestones include, but are not limited to: color & concept, sketch reviews, proto reviews, fittings
- Track over-development (against the range plan) at each of the specified milestones.
- Manage and maintain all samples and submits for cross functional meetings with design
- Attend fittings with Design up to SMS fit and ensure detailed notes are kept and sketches or bill of materials are revised
- Minimum of 2+ years in product development/pre-production
- Wholesale and vertical retail product development experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Technical product construction knowledge
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills, team oriented
- Ability to manage different priorities, multi task and problem solve while meeting deadlines
- MS Office Suite,(Centric) PLM and DTS preferred
- Analytical aptitude to plan strategically to the needs of the business
- Detail oriented product development professional with a mindset for continuous innovation
- Adapts to change and is able to seamlessly handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Highly collaborative, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Must maintain a positive, optimistic and open-minded approach
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
With a history going back over 135 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest apparel companies in the world. We have over 36,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and nearly $9 billion in annual revenues. We own the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric True & Co . intimates brand, and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
* The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Back to top