Associate Designer, Sweaters - CALVIN KLEIN
The Associate Designer will work closely with the Senior Designer as the Calvin Klein Sportswear and Calvin Klein Jeans lines are being developed and will maintain the continuity of design development for Men's and Women's sweaters.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Assist Senior Designer- develops sketches based on the Senior Designers initial sketches and concepts. Maintain the progression of design in the Senior Designer's absence.
- Present ideas based on sketch.
- Participate in creating color palettes, research and maintain colors.
- Help produce fabric presentation cards.
- Assist in developing initial concepts.
- Assist in preparing presentation boards.
- Create and execute technical design packages and trim sheets.
- Participate in fittings with design and technical teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in garment construction - Sweaters and Knitwear
- 2-3 years of experience in Fashion Design necessary.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in design or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in sketching illustrations.
- Strong computer skills, including Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish good relationships with key parties and department staff.
- Flexibility to deadline demands, seasonal schedules
- PLM or Web PDM experience desirable
* The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Back to top