Associate Demand Planner – The Underwear Group
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Associate Demand Planner – The Underwear Group
As the Associate Demand Planner, you'll position PVH business unit through proactive mid-to-long range demand forecasting/planning to support capacity requirements and business strategies. You will use forecasting tools, a mix of product-customer-consumer intelligence, and offline analysis to deliver an improved forecast accuracy and understanding of our business performance. You will collaborate with colleagues in Sales, Operations, to grow revenue and profitability through improved line planning, forecast accuracy. You will develop increasing coordination of demand drivers so that your experience can best inform regional or global supply planning teams seeking to optimize inventories and supply chain costs.
In addition to participating in planning strategies and processes that result in high forecast accuracy and on-time order fulfillment you'll assist in driving long range, annual and seasonal categorical and product-type opportunity analysis and demand forecast strategies. Increasingly over time, you will deploy the necessary analytics and modeling to propose consumption (point of sale) impact on future shipment forecasts.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Analyze forecast accuracy & bias, develop enhancements to improve results, test, document and re-cycle continuously. Responsible for generating and publishing shipment and customer forecasts per month. Show continuous improvement in forecast accuracy.
- Analyze historical demand, filter out outliers/exceptions, identify the most appropriate statistical forecasting algorithm, develop base plan, understand variance, propose improvement opportunities, communicate agreements, incorporate demand signal into forecast.
- Manage results by exceptions utilizing demand planning tools and reports, identifying patterns (trends) and necessary fixes in order to both stabilize forecasts but inform commercial intelligence.
- Find mechanisms to ensure an unconstrained demand practice persists in forecasting; note and publish to internal team best practices in historical reconciliation based on variances to consumption vs shipments.
- Collect past/future demand factors (distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans, for example) from sales and forecast/model their impacts on demand.
- Interact with sales, and operations to understand and interpret the potential impact market trends and demand drivers can have on demand, and adjust the statistical forecast to reflect those impacts.
- Analyze customer account specific trends and request necessary market intelligence of cross-planning peers in merchandising and retail/sales to improve forecasting accuracy.
- Show competency to become a Super-User on team reporting capabilities and cross-planning function analysis.
- Research, examine, mine, and re-structure point-of-sale (POS) data for increasing use in all demand planning activities. Lead future projects on such data integration into existing JDA tools.
- Produce end-of-life scenario analysis for integrated business planning requirements.
- Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborates in decision making, and motivates others
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-4 years' work experience with any one of the following: planning, inventory management, commercial analysis, operations, buying/procurement, financial analysis, and/or logistics/distribution.
- 1-2 years' experience with a leading forecasting solution / tool such as JDA Demand, i2 Demand, SAP APO, Manugistics, Logility Demand, Steelwedge, Kinaxis, Oracle
Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Consumer products company, fast moving consumer goods in multi-channel business highly desirable
- Comfort and creativity in managing large amounts of data
- Evidence of retail or commercial acumen with such concepts as promotion, sell-through, margin, distribution mechanics, velocity, seasonality
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top