Assistant Store Manager- Van Heusen
Position Guidelines- Assistant Manager
Responsible for the overall performance of the store and assists Store Manager with generating sales potential, recruiting and developing staff, maintaining store appearance, controlling expenses and shortages.
- Maximize sales volume.
- Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with division philosophy and direction.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Take an active role in networking, recruiting, hiring, training, and developing store associates.
- Proficient in all operational policies and procedures.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Assume leadership role with Floor Supervisor and Sales Associates.
- Responsible for all activities with-in the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES
- Ensure customer service is the #1 priority
- Effectively supervise the sales floor to ensure customer / associate awareness at all times.
- Understand and create awareness of the factors to impact sales volume.
- Motivate and develop associates to meet store goals / objectives.
- Clearly delegate activities and follow-up on all direction.
- Demonstrate teamwork within store and company.
- Take initiative and use sound judgement.
- Develop growth potential in associates.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrate professional image and conduct.
- Follow specific divisional dress code policy.
- Ensure that store staff is treated professionally, courteously and respectfully.
- Involve and develop staff in accomplishing store goals.
- Control turnover.
- Take an active role in own development.
- Communicate staff concerns to management.
- Support all company / management decisions.
- Utilize all training programs / materials effectively.
- Execute and follow-up on all operational policies, procedures and directives.
- Execute and follow-up on the Inventory Shrinkage Improvement Program.
- Ensure accuracy in all paperwork.
- Attend mall / center meetings in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Maintain store appearance to reflect division standard.
- Execute and maintain divisional marketing directives.
- Interpret and execute floor plans and guidelines.
- React to sell through and ensure store is well stocked.
- POS set up is timely and detailed.
- Execute markdowns and re-merchandise as needed.
- Have knowledge of the store merchandise.
- Have knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization.
- Keep management informed of all merchandise-related issues.
- Retail background preferred-previous management experience
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
* The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Back to top