Assistant Store Manager - Van Heusen
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Assistant Store Manager - Van Heusen
Join one of the most timeless and successful brands in the world!
Our stores represent modern dress and casual apparel for men and women, with the bestselling dress shirts in North America. We are opening stores across Canada and we are looking for passionate and motivated management and sales candidates.
Van Heusen a wholly owned subsidiary of PVH Corp., one of the world's largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands worldwide.
It is the world's largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own brands, Van Heusen, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, IZOD, ARROW., and its licensed brands, including Geoffrey Beene, Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Sean John, Chaps, Donald J. Trump Signature Collection, JOE Joseph Abboud, DKNY, Ike Behar and John Varvatos. For more information, please visit pvh.com.
Van Heusen Offers
- Competitive salaries
- Medical benefits for full-time Associates
- Generous discounts on merchandise
- Training and development
- Career growth opportunities
Responsible for the overall performance of the store, generating maximum sales potential, recruiting and developing staff, maintaining store appearance, controlling expenses and shortages.
- Maximize sales volume.
- Network, recruit, hire, train and develop store associates.
- Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with division philosophy and direction.
- Implement, execute and follow up on all operational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Control store expenses within allowable parameters
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Assume leadership role within the store.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES
- Ensure customer service is the #1 priority.
- Establish a plan for reversing negative sales trends.
- Understand and create awareness of the factors to impact sales volume.
- Effectively supervise the sales floor to ensure customer / associate awareness at all times.
- Ensure all customer concerns are addressed and resolved.
- Motivate and develop associates to meet store goals / objectives.
- Clearly delegate activities and follow-up on all direction.
- Demonstrate teamwork within store and company.
- Take initiative and use sound judgment.
- Develop growth potential in associates.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrate professional image and conduct.
- Follow specific divisional dress code policy.
- Ensure that store staff is treated professionally, courteously and respectfully.
- Involve and develop staff in accomplishing store goals.
- Assess and review associates ability.
- Control turnover.
- Take an active role in own development.
- Communicate staff concerns to District Sales Manager.
- Support all company / management decisions.
- Utilize all training programs / materials effectively.
- Correct unacceptable performance of associates.
- Execute and follow-up on all operational policies, procedures and directives.
- Execute and follow-up on the Inventory Shrinkage Improvement Program.
- Follow up on all audit issues.
- Ensure accuracy in all paperwork.
- Attend mall / center meetings.
- Maintain store appearance to reflect division standard.
- Execute and maintain divisional marketing directives.
- Interpret and execute floor plans and guidelines.
- Communicate all merchandise-related issues to District Sales Manager.
- React to sell through and ensure store is well stocked.
- POS set up is timely and detailed.
- Execute markdowns and re-merchandise as needed.
- Have knowledge of the store merchandise.
- Have knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of store.
- Minimum of one to three years of sales and or retail
management experience, preferably in a retail clothing environment, or equivalent senior management experience
- Minimum high school education or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in Business or related field preferred
- Ability to communicate with customers and store personnel
- Physical capacity to maneuver around sales floor, stock room and office
- Aptitude with cash register and office computer
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary (\"PVH\") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top