REPORTS TO: Store Manager
SUMMARY: An Assistant Manager shares in the responsibility for the overall performance of the store and assists Store Management with generating sales potential, recruiting and developing staff, maintaining store appearance, and controlling expenses and shortages.
- Generate sales and profit, minimize losses and ensure the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
- Identify and implement strategies and initiatives to achieve and exceed business goals.
- Oversee and maintain the customer service standards to the highest possible level.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Represent the Tommy Hilfiger image through personal and professional appearance.
- Take responsibility for productivity and profitability of the store including sales growth, staffing and inventory results.
- Responsible for all activities within the store in the absence of the GM / SM or Associate Manager.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Retail jobs in Plantation, FL delivered to your inbox every week.
- To understand and comply with all company policy, procedures and operations.
- To maintain the highest level of security and safety awareness within the store.
- To recognize problems, analyze causes, generate alternatives and solutions.
- Manage all controllable expenses, including the allocation of payroll.
- Attends mall/center management meetings in the absence of the GM / SM or Associate Manager.
- Follow Inventory Shrinkage Improvement Program.
- Maintain productivity in shipment processing, inventory counting, price change activities.
- Ensure store has all necessary tools (i.e. supplies, resources, binders, etc.) and knowledge of how to use them adequately.
- Manage store openings and store closings.
- Take direction and complete assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring sales associates who have strong presentation and communication skills representative of the Tommy Hilfiger image.
- Develop all associates to be knowledgeable in areas of product, merchandising, operations, customer service, sales and growth within the company.
- Motivate and develop support staff to meet store goals / objectives.
- Able to deal with difficult situations while maintaining performance.
- Seek support from others when necessary.
- Effectively supervise the sales floor to ensure customer / associate awareness at all times.
- Demonstrate teamwork within store and company and ensure that staff is treated professionally, respectfully and courteously.
- Effectively participates and assists the Store Manager in weekly management meetings and quarterly staff meetings.
- Able to express ideas effectively and lead by example.
- Maintain confidentiality and meet own commitments.
- Responsible for direct supervision of a selected department or departments and ensuring the department(s) performs to its maximum potential.
- Participate and oversee the execution of all merchandising directives, updates and markdowns in a timely and effective manner.
- Analyze and react to the needs of the business, identify top sellers, slow sellers and fulfillment of merchandising strategy.
- Maintain elevated store presentation by training and overseeing standards as defined by brand standards and company directives with an eye for detail.
- Have thorough knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization / systems.
- Keep management informed of all merchandise and visual related issues.
- Maintain store organization fixtures/hardware/general cleanliness.