Assistant Operations Manager-2
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Assistant Operations Manager-2
Position Summary: Manages a staff of supervisors to insure timely distribution of merchandise within the standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality to satisfy the requirements of our customers including wholesale divisions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Plans and manages both labor and physical product to ensure continuous flow of goods and meets daily distribution requirements in an automated environment.
- Develops and implements methods for continuous improvement of quality, order turn- around, and productivity within established payroll and expense budgets
- Ensures adherence to procedures that promote the health, safety and welfare of all associates in the facility
- Trains, mentors and develops supervisors' development plans and professional growth
- Monitors cost and inventory controls to keep operating expenditures within acceptable budget limits and provides for alternate plans when necessary
- Ensures facility and equipment are maintained in like new fashion Ensures assistant supervisors and warehouse workers are properly managed by supervisors at all times
- Maintains floor visibility throughout facility to monitor/ensure plans are executed properly and productivity is maintained
- Fills in for Operations Manager on an as needed basis
Internal & External Contacts:
Internal : Management, supervision, hourly associates, facilities/maintenance and IT
External : Corporate and W&D offices, outside vendors, contractors, traffic, freight carriers
Direct : up to 2 exempt supervisors
Indirect : up to 75 hourly associates
Equipment: 1 million plus
Salary: 500K - 1 million for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Recommends overtime when appropriate.
- Direct supervision on daily priorities and resulting labor force distribution
- Constant situational awareness and proactive decision making
- Develops AD HOC operational plans and concepts to facilitate production and special
- Handling requirements due to abnormal operating circumstances
- Stimulates creative thinking to develop and enhance processes - increasing production and quality
- Some travel possible to corporate office, campus recruiting and other W&D locations
- Utilizes appropriate managerial techniques to motivate associate staff.
Qualifications & Experience:
Minimum operational knowledge: Facility operation, planning in a highly automated distribution environment. Knowledge of work methods, some indirect engineering, RF equipment and tilt-tray sortation.
Minimum experience: Two (2) years management experience in a large distribution center. Automation background in apparel distribution preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
Computer: Strong computer skills, WMS, Microsoft Office Suite, internet and ability to learn/use customized software.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary (\"PVH\") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Project Manager at Innovation Next, PVH
Taylor sources new enterprise capabilities with the Innovation Team, connecting the solutions they discover with business goals to expand white space. He also helps with process improvement and cultural connectivity.
Back to top