Assistant Manager Full-Time - VAN HEUSEN - Tannersville, PA
- Swiftwater, PA
Position Guidelines- Assistant Manager
Responsible for the overall performance of the store and assists Store Manager with generating sales potential, recruiting and developing staff, maintaining store appearance, controlling expenses and shortages.
- Maximize sales volume.
- Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with division philosophy and direction.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Take an active role in networking, recruiting, hiring, training, and developing store associates.
- Proficient in all operational policies and procedures.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Assume leadership role with Floor Supervisor and Sales Associates.
- Responsible for all activities with-in the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES
- Ensure customer service is the #1 priority
- Effectively supervise the sales floor to ensure customer / associate awareness at all times.
- Understand and create awareness of the factors to impact sales volume.
- Motivate and develop associates to meet store goals / objectives.
- Clearly delegate activities and follow-up on all direction.
- Demonstrate teamwork within store and company.
- Take initiative and use sound judgement.
- Develop growth potential in associates.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrate professional image and conduct.
- Follow specific divisional dress code policy.
- Ensure that store staff is treated professionally, courteously and respectfully.
- Involve and develop staff in accomplishing store goals.
- Control turnover.
- Take an active role in own development.
- Communicate staff concerns to management.
- Support all company / management decisions.
- Utilize all training programs / materials effectively.
- Execute and follow-up on all operational policies, procedures and directives.
- Execute and follow-up on the Inventory Shrinkage Improvement Program.
- Ensure accuracy in all paperwork.
- Attend mall / center meetings in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Maintain store appearance to reflect division standard.
- Execute and maintain divisional marketing directives.
- Interpret and execute floor plans and guidelines.
- React to sell through and ensure store is well stocked.
- POS set up is timely and detailed.
- Execute markdowns and re-merchandise as needed.
- Have knowledge of the store merchandise.
- Have knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization.
- Keep management informed of all merchandise-related issues.
- Retail background preferred-previous management experience
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
Back to top