Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead
PureWow is a rapidly growing digital media company that delivers women's lifestyle content to elevate the everyday.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead. We are looking for someone who can work in the New York City office, ideally an experienced and hands-on developer to help us evolve & scale our internal tech stack. Our ideal candidate must have a collaborative mindset, a passion for our company mission and a desire to take PureWow's technology to the next level.
- Full Stack development work with a heavy emphasis on Front End Development, Architecture and Design.
- Collaborate with remote based backend development team to ensure all systems are in-sync, efficient and continually optimized for performance.
- Build, evolve and scale out current CMS and site infrastructure
- Mentor junior team member
- Jump between architecture, implementation, and infrastructure management
- Solve various optimization and constraint roadblocks
- Integrate with various external APIs (i.e. social media platforms, email CMS, etc.)
- Constantly improve our development processes to streamline the ideation to execution process
- Collaborate with Product Director to ensure we are making intelligent and scalable product decisions
Qualifications and Expectations:
- 6+ years experience
- Team Lead, Management or Mentoring experience
- Build maintainable, well-tested, scalable code
- Expert level FrontEnd Web Development Knowledge
- Knowledge of Web Development best practices
- Very good communication and people skills
- MUST BE NICE PERSON
Nice to Have Experience:
- ReactJS Experience
- Ad Development Experience
- Agile Development Experience (Scrum, JIRA, etc.)
- Java (particularly with Spring Framework)
- Skillful in database design and management
- Experience with email sending & deliverability
- Continuous Integration Experience
- Test Framework Experience (Mocha, Jasmine, Protractor, etc.)
What We Offer:
- Wide latitude to make technical decisions that are right for PureWow
- Opportunity to build a fresh tech stack for a successful media company
Location: New York
Benefits: Competitive salary (based on experience); benefits (medical and dental), 401k, unlimited vacation and fun perks.
If you are interested in successfully growing with a fun, dynamic, and creative team in an environment with a lot of upside potential, please click here to complete our application.
Meet Some of PureWow's Employees
Jillian preps, edits, and writes stories that speak to PureWow.com readers. She reviews all featured content for quality and relevancy—from photos to headlines.
Back to top