Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead
PureWow is a rapidly growing digital media company that delivers women’s lifestyle content to elevate the everyday.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead. We are looking for someone who can work in the New York City office, ideally an experienced and hands-on developer to help us evolve & scale our internal tech stack. Our ideal candidate must have a collaborative mindset, a passion for our company mission and a desire to take PureWow’s technology to the next level.
- Full Stack development work with a heavy emphasis on Front End Development, Architecture and Design.
- Collaborate with remote based backend development team to ensure all systems are in-sync, efficient and continually optimized for performance.
- Build, evolve and scale out current CMS and site infrastructure
- Mentor junior team member
- Jump between architecture, implementation, and infrastructure management
- Solve various optimization and constraint roadblocks
- Integrate with various external APIs (i.e. social media platforms, email CMS, etc.)
- Constantly improve our development processes to streamline the ideation to execution process
- Collaborate with Product Director to ensure we are making intelligent and scalable product decisions
Qualifications and Expectations:
- 6+ years experience
- Team Lead, Management or Mentoring experience
- Build maintainable, well-tested, scalable code
- Expert level FrontEnd Web Development Knowledge
- Knowledge of Web Development best practices
- Very good communication and people skills
- MUST BE NICE PERSON
Nice to Have Experience:
- ReactJS Experience
- Ad Development Experience
- Agile Development Experience (Scrum, JIRA, etc.)
- Java (particularly with Spring Framework)
- Skillful in database design and management
- Experience with email sending & deliverability
- Continuous Integration Experience
- Test Framework Experience (Mocha, Jasmine, Protractor, etc.)
What We Offer:
- Wide latitude to make technical decisions that are right for PureWow
- Opportunity to build a fresh tech stack for a successful media company
Location: New York
Benefits: Competitive salary (based on experience); benefits (medical and dental), 401k, unlimited vacation and fun perks.
If you are interested in successfully growing with a fun, dynamic, and creative team in an environment with a lot of upside potential, please click here to complete our application.
Meet Some of PureWow's Employees
Mary Kate manages a brilliant team of foodie and travel advisors. With how-to tips and informative reviews, Mary Kate inspires PureWow readers to explore tasty bites and hidden gems around the world.
Back to top