PureWow is looking for a Producer/Editor to create innovative beauty and lifestyle content. We're looking for someone who can work in our New York City office, with 2-4 years of experience in women's lifestyle and/or documentary video production. This role requires a strong attention to detail, willingness to work in an established shooting/production style, and a high level of aesthetic judgement.
- Produce and edit daily beauty and lifestyle video content for PureWow.com and associated social media channels.
- Work with PureWow editorial team to create video concepts and series.
- Book crew and on-camera talent as needed.
- Direct talent and small crew on set.
- Operate camera on set as needed.
- Write copy for videos, using PureWow's signature voice and style.
- Keep abreast of current trends in beauty and lifestyle video, paying special attention to vertical composition.
- Quality-check all content before publishing to ensure that it meets PureWow's standards and best practices.
- At least 2 years experience working in lifestyle, commercial, or documentary content.
- Strong aesthetic judgement, with excellent composition skills.
- Expert knowledge of Final Cut X.
- A genuine love for women's lifestyle content (food, fashion, beauty, home, family).
- Working knowledge of hair and makeup terms and techniques.
- Flexibility and willingness to wear many hats on set.
- Working knowledge of Canon C100 and C300 cameras.
- A love of natural light videography.
- Extreme attention to detail an absolute must.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, entrepreneurial environment.
Location: New York
Benefits: Competitive salary (based on experience); benefits (medical and dental), 401k, unlimited vacation and fun perks.
If you are interested in successfully growing with a fun, dynamic and creative team in an environment with a lot of upside potential, please click here to complete our application.
Meet Some of PureWow's Employees
Jillian preps, edits, and writes stories that speak to PureWow.com readers. She reviews all featured content for quality and relevancy—from photos to headlines.
Back to top