New York Editor
PureWow is a rapidly growing digital media company that delivers women's lifestyle content to elevate the everyday. We are seeking a New York Editor for the New York City office.
The New York Editor conceives, writes and edits stories about everything this amazing city has to offer, including food, fashion, beauty, entertainment, books and wellness. Basically, you should have the lowdown everything, from the best new restaurants to the nail salon that does the best art.
- Run PureWow's New York vertical, from pitching and writing stories to editing freelance submissions
- Research photos and input stories into the CMS
- Monitor story metrics and optimize content for SEO
- Attend fun events throughout the city to inspire new stories
- Conduct occasional interviews with New York influencers
- Coordinate with marketing, sales and design departments to help PureWow's features stand out from the crowd
- Brainstorm innovative ideas to keep PureWow ahead of the curve
- Editorial experience covering a variety of women's lifestyle topics (even better if that experience is NYC-specific)
- Deep, undying love for all things New York City
- Excellent writing and communication stills
- Strong design aesthetic, with a keen eye for photography
- Working knowledge of content-management systems, Photoshop and digital metrics
Location: New York
Benefits: Competitive salary (based on experience); benefits (medical and dental), 401k, unlimited vacation, and fun perks.
If you are interested in successfully growing with a fun, dynamic and creative team, please click here to complete our application.
Meet Some of PureWow's Employees
Jillian preps, edits, and writes stories that speak to PureWow.com readers. She reviews all featured content for quality and relevancy—from photos to headlines.
Back to top