At PureWow, we’re dedicated to finding ways to make your life more interesting, beautiful and manageable. We cover the breadth of women's lifestyle: fashion, beauty, home, entertainment, wellness, money, tech, food books, travel and family. Best of all, we do the work for you. Think of PureWow as a savvy friend who knows the next book you should read, the must-have jeans that fit and flatter, and the purse that holds your keys and charges your phone. (Trust us, it's a lifesaver.) We are seeking an Accounting Manager for the New York City office.
As the Accounting Manager, you will be an integral member of the Finance team, reporting to the VP Finance. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing PureWow’s general ledger as well as ensuring that our financials are accurate and in accordance with GAAP. You will play a critical role in setting accounting policies and processes as the company grows.
- Manage the company GL and chart of accounts
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process and work on accruals, depreciation, and amortization entries
- Oversee all balance sheet reconciliations to ensure financial accuracy
- Oversee all A/R and A/P for the company, as well as oversee collections
- Work and interface with external accounting firm on annual tax return and audit
- Define and implement accounting processes and policies across the company
- Help to improve overall financial reporting for the company
- Evaluate and implement new financial/accounting software systems as we grow
- Work closely with the VP Finance on financial projects as necessary
- BS/BA in Accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, team-oriented
- Strong problem solving skills, self-starter
- Detailed oriented
- Big 4 Accounting experience preferable
- Mix of Public/Private Accounting preferable
- Experience with a cloud based ERP system preferable
- CPA not required, but preferred
Location: New York
Benefits: Competitive salary (based on experience); benefits (medical and dental), 401k, unlimited vacation and fun perks.
If you are interested in successfully growing with a fun, dynamic, and creative team in an environment with a lot of upside potential, please click here to complete our application.
Back to top