VP, World Wide Inside and Corporate Sales
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Our Inside Sales Team:
The Inside Sales Organization is where our company mission begins. The ISO serves three critical functions today: 1) increasing Field Sales productivity and pipeline by establishing qualified customer appointments, 2) supporting our business segments and vertical industry sales with ISO roles that increase the productivity and attainment of those segments and vertical markets, and 3) developing future sales professionals for field assignments. We are also embarking on building an INSIDE OUT sales model for the “Corporate Market Segment” defined as organizations <$500M in annual revenues which makes up a significant portion of our customer base and a significant market opportunity for Pure’s continued hyper growth in the future. The ISO will own the revenue and customer success for this important segment, together with our Channel, and will define and drive our GTM strategy with annual revenue of >$200M, growing at >50% annually.
Pure’s Inside Sales Academy is a guided path to developing sales expertise while offering career advancement through demonstrated achievement. Pure’s Inside Sales Academy is an evolving program design that include new hire on-boarding, mentor program, ongoing product and sales training, and daily opportunities to collaborate with peers and experts in the company to create better effectiveness at meeting the ISO teams’ goals and develop the professional qualities for a professional sales career. The Program emphasizes a bold culture by establishing high activity habits, prospecting skills, writing skills, introductory call structures, sales and presentation skills. Inside Sales is a path to future opportunities for ISO candidates’ eager to develop and invest their time, talents and energies in a hyper-growth, highly ambitious enterprise technology company firmly rooted in Silicon Valley and leading one of the most significant technology transitions occurring today: the transition from disk to flash storage.
Pure Storage and our ISO thrive on a constructive, encouraging culture. We work hard and play hard! Successes are broadly shared and recognized while responsibility for individual performance remains a daily expectation. Individual accomplishments are rewarded but collaboration and teaming is the lifeblood of ISO.
We have grown at records speeds and are looking to continue building our team of incredible talent with dynamic, ambitious energetic sales professionals looking to excel in their careers and help drive impact at Pure Storage.
You will lead a team of Inside sales Directors, managers, team leads, and sales development representatives who are responsible for creating qualified sales appointments generated through inbound and outbound prospecting. You will define, build and be responsible for our Corporate Sales Strategy. You will help facilitate the achievement of these goals by hiring and training employees; extending the company culture, provide coaching and mentoring and own the P/L for a team of 100+ resources. This role also works closely with cross-functional teams including marketing, channel and field sales leadership on programs designed to help achieve company revenue goals. The candidate will need to have a deep understanding and experience in inside sales models and systems and innovations.
This Vice President will rely on extensive experience in developing and executing a segment based GTM strategy, with consistent overachievement on operating plan and goals. This position will also be the key leader in the company that will drive the evolution of the ISO team to greater participation in driving low to zero touch sales via Pure partners and increased pipeline opportunity building and closing in all of Pure’s business segments and verticals. They will perform a variety of tasks and be a part of building a growing team in an exciting fast-growth company. A wide degree of creativity, accountability and ownership is expected.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead an innovative and best in class world-wide ISO Team, with ~100 Puritans across the Americas, EMEA and APJ
- Lead 5 ISO Directors/managers that have 1-3 team leads who supervise 8-10 SDRs
- Design and Build out our Corporate Sales GTM strategy and team
- Responsible for employee role definition, enablement, evaluation and staffing for managers, team leaders and SDR individual contributors
- Develops team performance against quotas, forecasts and key metrics for the ISO team - executes operating plans and ensures ISO objectives are met.
- Collaboration and teaming cross functionally with partner, marketing and operations on campaign design and execution.
- Design and deliver our Recognition and Reward program
- Ownership and execution to the ISO team budget/P-L
- Drive TeleQualified Lead (TQLs/Meetings) and bookings/pipeline growth through consistently achieving individual and team quotas.
- Monitor daily activity of Directors/Mangers, team leads and SDRs including outbound calls, targeting specific customers to achieve objectives and running sales support activities
- Conduct weekly 1-1s and team meetings to maintain consistent communication and collaboration with each team member
- Coaching and activity planning for a diverse approach to customer prospecting ranging from marketing follow up, sales AE engagement and channel teaming
- Establish and report on key metrics to measure performance of the inside sales activities; create plans and execution steps to correct deficiencies where necessary
- Collaborate with theater sales leadership on territory planning and execution
- Maintain and promote a successful and positive work environment;
- Train new hires and provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports
What You Bring To The Team
- 12 to 15 years of inside AND field sales management experience in the enterprise storage or high tech industry.
- Demonstrated experience building, training, growing and developing a world-wide inside sales team
- Consistent record of successful quota attainment at an individual and team level
- Demonstrated knowledge & expertise setting up of different inside sales tools, methodologies, technologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems: Salesforce.Com, Insidesales.com, Discover.org
- Knowledge of virtualization technology, database and deep understanding storage preferred
- Demonstrated experience with selling through partners in an inside sales management role
- Direct sales experience in an individual contributor or management role a plus
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty, master’s degree a plus
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top