VP of Manufacturing Technical Operations
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Operations at Pure
Operations consists of over 100 employees covering areas including technical operations, manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities.
The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain close knit partnerships and everyone comes together a couple times each year for exciting offsite trips and events. They strive to ensure employees to enjoy coming to work, and most of all, have fun!
What You Will Be Doing
We are currently seeking a VP or Manufacturing Technical Operations & Outsourced Manufacturing to partner with Ops, R&D, Product Management, and Support. This role will manage the Manufacturing Test, Quality, Product Engineering, CM Process, and E.C.O departments.
- Responsible for overall Mfg. Technical Operations vision, strategy, and execution
- Assess operational goals including metrics for outsourced test, assembly, and quality cost reduction to create the annual budget for Technical Operations
- Guide, develop, and support department managers in establishing and achieving goals
- Assist the VP of NPI Supply Chain with product sourcing decisions
- Build deep relationships with Engineering, Outsourced Manufacturers, OEM Suppliers, Operations, and Customer Support teams to enable smooth deployments of critical products, services, and processes
- Coordinate and monitor quality issues that are impacting fields yields and factory output
- Liaison with Engineering from the earliest stages of the product lifecycle process from influencing product design to maximum factory automation and product quality
- Build expertise on field issues and apply the necessary support resources to meet the challenges while coordinating with other functions as appropriate to develop awareness, determine priorities and define solutions
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years experience in manufacturing technical operations management; including managing internally developed product, OEM/off-the-shelf products, and outsourced manufacturing
- Preferred background in computer, networking, or storage industries
- Bachelors of Engineering degree or related field of study (i.e. Electronics Engineering or Computer Science)
- Significant and demonstrable supply chain test, mechanical, and quality experience working with OEM manufacturers and integrators
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to insure exceptional customer satisfaction
- Deep understanding of accounting, reporting, and annual budgeting
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing test, assembly, and process automation
- Consistent track record in building and retaining world class teams
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities For Individual Development and Career Growth
We host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top