Vice President, Federal Sales
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
The Vice President of Federal Sales will lead a federal sales team of 20. The ideal candidate is one who has built and led sales teams supporting the government space, has a strong track record closing revenue and in supporting/mentoring their sales team. This person needs to be an expert at positioning business value, selling enterprise solutions, managing complex sales cycles and building relationships with key stakeholders. This role is highly strategic and highly visible. This role is located in the Washington D.C area.
What you will be doing
- Take ownership and accountability for all Federal revenue targets and sales projections on a national basis.
- Provide leadership and direction to the entire Federal sales organization, people and resources, including District Managers, Sales Engineers, Program Managers and Marketing resources.
- Assess the “current state” of the sales and business development functions across the landscape of people, process and systems and identify gaps and opportunities.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance targets accordingly.
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue, customer and management reports using in-house systems, evangelizing the use of SFDC for forecasting requirements and prospect tracking.
- Drive the development of Federal sales strategies that will produce consistent and predictable results while exceeding revenue targets and projections.
- Use market intelligence and customer feedback to drive sales strategy and deliver compelling sales programs and campaigns.
- Identify and capture new markets and sales channels.
- Establish and maintain executive relationships with key customers and prospects.
- Develop a capability strategy plan that identifies specific actions around top performers, detailing development activities needed to support the business (current and future).
- Prepare and meet or exceed financial objectives, including budget and profitability metrics providing updates as required.
- Provide visibility into pipeline development and Federal revenues.
- Identify and pursue new relationships in established Federal markets including DOD, Intelligence, Homeland Security and Critical Infrastructure and Civilian agencies.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and offerings of the competition.
- Travel approximately 50%
- Other duties as required
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 12+ years of progressive sales and business development experience including extensive sales leadership experience
- Recent experience developing and serving Federal customers, with a comprehensive understanding of the Federal environment, issues, trends and sales cycles.
- Documented experience driving revenue growth via the acquisition of new customers and the development of new sales channels.
- Established and well-maintained relationships within key focus areas including DOD/Intelligence, Homeland Security, Critical Infrastructure and Civilian agencies.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top