Vice President, America's Marketing
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure.
The Pure Storage teams come from various backgrounds and thrive from challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We are looking for a self-starting, outgoing and fun Marketing professional with a proven ability to build new relationships with potential customers, as well as thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic technology environment with an exceptional sense of humor.
We are looking for someone with significant experience leading Field and Demand Marketing. This person is an imaginative thinker capable of generating new ideas that will elevate our Field and Demand marketing. Our ideal candidate is a focused leader who possesses the following skills and attributes: well-organized; detail-oriented; a clear and persuasive writer; excellent relationship-building skills; the ability to drive a team to execute effectively; thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking is the norm. You will be instrumental in building demand programs to grow revenue and move the organization to the next stage of growth and leadership in a multi-billion dollar security market.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for Americas region, creating and executing marketing plan that meets the overall and regional specific business objectives
- Responsible for Field Marketing, Channel Marketing and Demand Generation organization; reporting directly to the CMO.
- Optimize marketing mix to deliver most efficient plan across digital and offline demand generation.
- Work closely with Marketing Ops, Central Marketing functions and & Sales to ensure measurability & attribution
- Work closely with Sales leadership to drive regional specific plans.
- Manage and lead a team of demand generation professionals responsible for Pure Storage portfolio of programs, including Account-Based Marketing, high volume inbound (Website, SEO, Paid Media & Social), email marketing, and lead nurturing.
- Manage and lead team of field marketing professional to collaborate with Sales
- leadership to drive regional specific plans. In addition, drive the selection and execution of high profile industry events and regional and centralized customer events.
- Lead the marketing organization regarding the timing and execution of key programs and all the deliverables required to support these programs
- Develop and refine key processes to ensure efficient collaboration and orchestration of work across the marketing and matrixed team
- Select and manage key agencies to provide domain expertise to drive improved results
- Mentor team members and get them to the next level
What you Bring to the Team
- Minimum 12-15 years in marketing Experience across field, channel or demand management required.
- Experience in strategic marketing planning and the ability to create programs that return desired results.
- Experience creating and managing budgets, calculating ROI and explaining performance of managed programs.
- Experience leading geographically dispersed and cross functional teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, extremely organized, with a proven track record in expanding marketing success.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top