Tools and Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Pure Storage is building the data platform for the cloud era. Powered by innovative software and supported by a customer-friendly business model, our all-flash array drives are effortless, efficient and evergreen.
Customers like the San Francisco Giants, British Airlines, Domino’s Pizza, Hyatt Hotels, LinkedIn, UC Berkeley and SoftBank use Pure to accelerate new data-driven applications, mining novel insights about their businesses, while substantially reducing costs, latency and complexity.
Our portfolio of all-flash solutions includes FlashArray for structured data, FlashBlade for unstructured data and FlashStack – in partnership with Cisco - for converged workloads. All of our products are built on Pure 1, our mobile, cloud-based data platform.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, consistently outgrowing our rivals. And we consistently see customer satisfaction scores well above every other company in the enterprise technology sector. Our financial results can be found here.
Pure Storage, which went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2015, offers an opportunity to work in a competitive, rewarding high-growth environment. We’ve built a team that has a rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds - but with a single-minded commitment to building the next great data platform. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork, and fun - and we’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
- You'll be working with a team of system admins and coders in a Tools and Infrastructure Automation role in order to help our engineering team to achieve greater efficiency.
- You'll be writing in scripting languages (probably Python) in order to write self-service automation to let engineers help themselves, or having our infrastructure detect & self-correct problems.
- You'll be working with various technologies but not limited to KVM, VMWare, OpenStack or AWS instances looking for ways to let us use our resources more efficiently.
What You Bring To The Team
- Coding / Scripting skills paired enough understanding of how production environments work to be able to put those to use in automating tasks
- A keen interest in problem-solving. Misbehaving services are more "interesting" than "annoying"
- A positive attitude around learning new skills
- 6 years of work experience
- "Site Reliability" skills, especially around preparing new services to become production quality (e.g. "Production Readiness Reviews")
- Experience with Puppet or other configuration management systems
- Experience in Python
- Hands on experience in a colo (rack & stack/cabling) which is a rarity, but occasionally required on our team
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top