We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Do
- Write documentation content for the system administrator and developer audience groups, taking full responsibility for an assigned set of software documents. Documentation may include release notes, user guides, man pages, and KB articles.
- Edit CLI descriptions, GUI labels, and error messages.
- Provide usability feedback.
- Be a product guru.
Writers at Pure are part of a fast-paced Agile engineering development organization, participating in daily stand-ups and sprint reviews. Documents for most projects are written in XML, HTML, or JSON, and checked into Git.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience in a software environment.
- Experience with XML, DocBook, UNIX/Linux, REST API, and/or Git.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative (Agile) environment.
- Experience working independently in a cross-functional team setting.
- Knowledge of storage systems and protocols a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
What You Bring To The Team
- A thirst for technology. Be able to grasp complex technical concepts and then articulate them clearly and accurately.
- Strong technical writing skills. Be able to write new material and edit existing content for grammar and clarity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Be able to forge relationships and work collaboratively with developers, fellow writers, product managers, QA engineers, and support engineers to develop documentation.
- Strong organization skills. Be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and deliver documents in a timely manner, sometimes under tight timelines.
- A willingness to ask questions and seek assistance as needed.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing engineering priorities.
- Pride and ownership of not just documentation, but the product as well.
- Energy and fun!
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top