Technical Support Engineer (TSE1)
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT, and Dublin, Ireland. We are looking for people interested in beginning a career as a Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to join our 24x7 Support team. You will be part of the best Support team in the industry. Our culture focuses on 5 key values – Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. You will be expected to follow standard practices, and procedures in analyzing situations to resolve customer issues.
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations
- On-boarding new customers to Pure Support
- Resolve administrative customer requests
- Maintain install base requirements with customers and their arrays
- Upgrade customer arrays to latest software version
- Ensure RMA requests are processed promptly and accurately
- Triage support cases based on severity level
- Own and track customer issues using our ticket tracking system
- Maintain communications with customers on the progress of their cases
- All communication should be professional, complete, well-formatted, and consistent with prior communications
- Applies documented troubleshooting steps to resolve routine issues
- Notify a Support Manager of critical customer issues
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required
What You Bring to the Team
- Minimum one year of experience in customer-facing, technical support work or 3 years of customer service
- NOC (Network Operations Center) experience preferred
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and escalations utilizing appropriate internal and external resources
- Proven critical thinking skills
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience in supporting both hardware and software products
- Beginner knowledge of technologies such as storage (SAN, Fiber Channel, Ethernet, ISCSI), operating systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs Layers 1-3
- Desire to learn advanced levels of SAN, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, and iSCSI technologies
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Back to top