Technical Support Engineer I
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Support Engineering Team at Pure
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT, Dublin, Ireland & Singapore, Asia. We are looking for a senior Technical Support Engineer to join our 24x7 Support team. You will be part of the best Support team in the industry. Our culture focuses on 5 key values – Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis will include hardware, software, and environmental factors within our Flash Array product. Our Support Engineers utilize their deep technical expertise to troubleshoot customer issues and resolve them. Successful Support Engineers will be able to build strong networks across different departments in the company.
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations
- Answer and resolve support cases across all severity levels
- Own and track customer issues using our ticket tracking system
- Own all customer facing communications, ensuring the message is concise and professional
- Shares, and documents knowledge via FAQ / KB articles, which can be internal or customer facing
- Develops junior support engineers through training, and coaching
- Manage multiple projects/support cases simultaneously
- Champion customer issues internally, and represent the company externally
- Leads large multi participant customer calls, including hot escalations
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required
What You Bring to the Team
- Minimum 1 years of experience in customer-facing, technical support work
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more technologies
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and escalations utilizing appropriate internal and external resources
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex multi-platform-system-vendor environment
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software products
- Ability to triage issues, and escalate them to appropriate engineering groups as necessary
- Advanced to expert knowledge of technologies such as operating systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage area networks
- Knowledge, and ability to troubleshoot Networking, Replication, Performance and Space issues
- Demonstration of subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: NFS, S3, SMB, LDAP, IPv6
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we support our engineers in moving around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. We also consider qualified individuals with criminal histories, consistent with and subject to applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top