Technical Program Manager
Pure Storage is a fast growing, public company in the heart of the Silicon Valley, whose world-class engineers are disrupting a $30 billion market for enterprise storage. Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Our record revenue growth and impressive margins led us through a successful IPO and we’re embarking on the next stage of rapid growth. Today customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from healthcare and education to the largest websites, financial institutions and consumer brands.
Our engineers come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the smartest engineers who are the very best at what they do. We are seeking enthusiastic engineers to solve real world problems while having fun along the way. Our open culture and transparency in both strategy and operations allows employees a deeper level of engagement in engineering and business decisions.
What You will be doing
Pure Storage is seeking a Technical Program Manager to lead complex engineering projects and releases from conception through release. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You will manage and improve existing processes, develop tools, manage software releases and deliver on other Engineering programs. You’ll be exercising independent judgment and developing recommendations that translate into a course of action. You will also be challenged with responsibilities including:
- Manage complex technical projects or programs, develop and manage milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
- Interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Manage and improve existing product development and software release processes.
- Collaborate with Engineering management on improving the development workflow and Engineering efficiency.
- Use exceptional communication skills to understand and communicate project strategy and engineering issues and dependencies.
- Identify and solve cross-functional and inter-team issues quickly.
What You Bring To The Team
- Technical aptitude, as evidenced by B.S. in Computer Science or related technical/quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in project management in software release or product design and delivery.
- Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and relevance to the marketplace.
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage/juggle competing priorities without loss of efficiency.
- Prior role working in a software development role or organization strongly preferred.
- Experience with code repository/control systems (SVN, Git, etc).
- Proficient with generating actionable metrics, reports, and dashboards to highlight project health and status.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Back to top