Technical Marketing Engineer
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Technical Marketing Engineer you will represent the Product Management organization on technical marketing aspects of assigned product line(s) throughout the product life cycle. The TME will develop, author, publish and deliver technical product information, technical Whitepapers, and best practices guides that enhance the technical pre-sales teams’ selling abilities. The TME may also be involved in characterizing performance requirements across a wide range of workloads spanning from industry standard benchmarks to specific applications. The TME will also work with established and potential business development partners, interoperability testing, product evangelism. The TME will work closely with product management and engineering providing detailed requirements and recommendations to help set the strategic direction for the product line. As a TME you will additionally provide feedback and guidance to the software and hardware engineering teams regarding customer requirements, use cases, and important features and capabilities in the products that Pure Storage develops.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and develop technical collateral to highlight best practices resulting from functional and performance testing. This includes developing architecture white papers, solution design guides, integration guides, and reference architectures. This analysis will also include determining the ideal method for simulating and testing the product/solution in a "real environment". Significant experience in server, network and storage areas and testing is desirable.
- Conduct analysis and publish information on configuring, tuning, and optimizing platforms.
- Ability to conduct hands-on testing and document interoperability with 3rd party applications, servers, and virtualization solutions providing best-practices.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the assigned product area and assist pre-sales technical teams.
- Provide a source for reliable technical information and advice on products to the Pure Storage hardware and software engineering teams. Must be able to define in detail use cases on current or new product.
- Broad knowledge of storage (SAN & NAS), servers virtualization, clustering, data protection is a must.
- Responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of technical pre-sales training.
- Provide technical support to Marketing in developing and implementing marketing programs (e.g.: collateral, events, shows, etc.) and participate in trade shows by providing technical demonstrations and expertise as related to product performance.
- Create and deliver highly technical presentations to customers and internal pre-sales technical audience.
What You Bring To The Team
- 2 to 4 years of technical background with an in-depth understanding of SAN and NAS.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Broad, overall datacenter and software knowledge required with significant enterprise technical depth in: system hardware/software, applications and storage products.
- Experience in managing multiple complex tasks and prioritize based on business need.
- Experience in generating various technical documents and reports including best practices guides and whitepapers.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, UNIX, Linux, File Systems, Server virtualization, interfaces.
- Limited experience with OpenStack and Containers is a plus.
- Experience with Flash storage is a plus.
- Strong writing and communication skills required.
- Analysis and problem solving skills required.
- Working knowledge of Unix shell scripting, Perl and other scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc) a plus.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top