Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting Manager
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
G&A is an important front facing organization covering Finance, Legal, and HR. Each team is involved in unifying the business needs and propelling company growth.
Employees work closely with one another to build a strong collaborative partnership and help make Pure successful. G&A offers a wide variety of career advancement opportunities and interaction with top Pure executives. G&A teams work hard but also know how to have fun! Pure is an exciting place to work, come join us on the journey!
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a Senior SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager. This person will be responsible for managing the team as well as doing hands on technical accounting and SEC reporting.
- Perform technical research on complex accounting issues and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners under US GAAP and IFRS
- Draft and maintain global accounting policies and memos
- Keep business partners abreast of developments in accounting and financial reporting and related firm policies and positions through issuance of various publications, training sessions, and other meeting forums
- Manage and prepare SEC filings and quarterly earnings releases
- Manage the accounting for stock-based compensation (ASC 718), treasury accounting (ASC 815), revenue recognition (ASC 606), and other areas.
- Drive cross-functional process efficiencies by helping manage various operational and systems-driven projects
What You Bring To The Team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8-10 years of relevant experience from public accounting and/or public multinational high-tech companies
- Experience working in a technical accounting or similar role
- Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting principles with a strong knowledge of SEC reporting regulations, revenue recognition and lease accounting principles
- Knowledge in working with ERP systems including NetSuite.
- Excellent project management, oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-AR1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top