Systems Administrator, Technology Experience Center
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
What you will be doing in the Technology Experience Center at Pure (PureTEC):
What you bring to the team:
We are looking for someone with 5+ years’ experience in administration and management of networking, applications, virtualization and operating systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of system architecture, and experience in the use of Ansible, as well as experience developing in Python, PowerShell, and PowerCLI. Candidate must reside in the local area and be willing to work standard business hours.
We work onsite, together, as a team. You must be highly motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced cutting-edge environment focused within the following:
- Network administration, including load balancers, routers, VPNs, core-edge switches, VLANs, subnets, security groups, network profiles, network address translation, DNS configuration, and Public/Private IP management
- Server hardware administration, including individual and chassis-based blades, bare metal provisioning, component level firmware updates, etc.
- Server operating system administration, including initial deployment, user account creation, network setup, disk management, back-up and recovery, system upgrades, management and monitoring, and development of custom scripts
- Storage administration (which in the case of Pure Storage, is incredibly simple!) including FC and iSCSI SAN configuration and boot-from-SAN environments
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or a related technical degree
- 5+ years’ practical, hands-on experience in administration and management of networking, applications, virtualization, operating systems, and servers
- 5+ years’ practical, hands-on experience in installing and administering Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory and/or RedHat Enterprise LINUX as well as VMware vSphere/vCenter
- 1+ year of experience with one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, PowerCLI, and shell, including use of GitHub and revisioning
- Experience in systematically troubleshooting and debugging issues
- Experience with multiple hardware server platforms
- Willingness to utilize best practices and avoid cutting corners
- Insist on automation wherever possible and eliminate repetitive processes
- Ability to carry out wide range of tasks both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Results oriented focus on the solution with willingness to find answers without waiting for others
- Initiative to take on challenges outside your comfort area
- Exceptional communications skills
Stuff we’d love to see, but is not required:
- Experience with large-scale operations, hundreds of hypervisors, thousands of servers
- Strong understanding of system architecture, disaster recovery, and experience in software development as well as the development of automation workflows within frameworks like Cisco UCS Director, VMware vRealize Operations and/or Qualisystems CloudShell
- Hand’s on experience and proficiency in configuration and management of network firewalls, load balancers, switches, routers and VPNs from Arista, Cisco, F5 and Juniper
- Ability to design, deploy and manage monitoring systems, whether Open Source or commercial, like Nagios, NetZoom Pro, Splunk and vRLIM
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top