Storage Subsystem Engineer
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
As a Storage Subsystem Engineer you will be responsible for system design and integration of HBA, drive & enclosure subsystem components including bring-up, debug, system/software integration, engineering verification testing, design verification testing, and failure analysis. Demonstrated ability delivering enterprise systems from concept to shipping product.
- Go-to expert with storage protocols such as NVMe, SAS, SATA and Fibre Channel.
- Experience in storage related HW, driver and firmware development and testing.
- Expertise in qualifying HBAs, solid state drives and storage subsystems
- Thorough understanding of x86 system architecture and interrelationships between processors, memory, I/O subsystems and operating systems
- Experience supporting enterprise products including customer problem resolution, FA & RCA
- Proficiency with coding and scripting (e.g. Python, C, shell, expect)
- 10+ years hands-on experience designing, developing, and integrating hardware into products
- Excellent verbal communication & collaboration skills
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in basic Linux administration. Automation skills are preferred
- Direct experience developing HBA drivers, SSD firmware or chassis management software.
- Expertise with protocol conversions (e.g. SAS to SATA)
- Understanding of latest I/O technologies including NVMeoF, PCIe gen3 and 25/100Gb Ethernet.
- Experience collaborating with external suppliers (OEM, ODM, JDM) of complex subsystems
- 5+ years direct experience designing, integrating & supporting enterprise storage systems
- MS or equivalent in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Adaptable - undertake a variety of tasks willingly. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required.
- Decisive - ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options.
- Integrity - act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional - Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Back to top