Storage Hardware Engineer
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Pure Storage is seeking a full-time “Storage Hardware Engineer” working as part of our Hardware Development Team. In this position you are expected to be a CE generalist. Have a good understanding of hardware, NAND flash, FW, software architectures, Linux, product life cycle, document control. In other words, end-to-end product development.
You'll be working cross-functionally with engineering, support, NPI operations and our vendors. You'll be responsible for the design, validation and qualification of storage devices and subsystems.
- Be a key participant developing and deploying state of the art qualification, verification and regression environments for SSDs, storage arrays and storage arrays components.
- Root cause complex failure modes and implement corrective actions.
- Participation in all phases of the product development cycle including supplier selection, implementation, documentation, EVT, DVT, FA and support for off-the-shelf and custom HW design.
- Go-to expert on storage interface protocols (SAS and SATA), HW interfaces (PCIe, etc), bus analyzers, trace capture and trace analysis.
- Improve design and qualification processes to enhance efficiency, consistency and product robustness.
- Perform failure and root cause analysis activities in support of system hardening efforts and customer escalations.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other team members
- 6+ years in storage related engineering positions.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (M.S. preferred)
- Experience working in and leading cross-functional teams.
- Purebred pythonista with experience in HW test development.
- Detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, and customer focused yet flexible and adaptable to business needs.
- Highly self-motivated. Works well in fluid environments.
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable - undertake a variety of tasks. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required.
- Decisive - ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options.
- Professional - Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution. Can-do attitude.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Job ID: #LI-RJ1
Back to top