Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Analytics
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
What You Will Be Doing
Our Data Platform powers some of the most demanding data analytics and machine learning deployments anywhere. We are looking for a creative, energetic product marketing leader to take our solution to the next level, developing compelling messaging and positioning for engineering and data scientists. You will be a key member of the product marketing team as we aspire to be the thought-leader in the fast-evolving field of big data analytics.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a go-to product marketing expert on data analytics technologies, with expertise in frameworks and applications like deep learning, Hadoop, Spark, and Elastic
- Channel the voice of the customer- understand the pain points and aspirations of heads of engineering and data science personas
- Create, define and own the content machine for product messaging and positioning. Apply your expertise to all forms of collateral: data sheets, slides, web content, white papers, videos, blogs, etc.
- Present at executive briefings, events, and webinars.
- Develop sales enablement strategies with clear line of sight to revenue
- Show your creative flair with infographics, powerpoint, and visual representation of messages. Create the ‘aha’ moment for your audience
What You Bring To The Team
- 7+ yrs experience in a product-marketing role, preferably in the field of data analytics
- Proven experience in developing compelling and differentiated product messaging
- Strong aptitude for distilling complex technical differentiators into simple, sticky stories
- High energy, sense of urgency and passion with a “can do” attitude
- Creative and innovative thinking – willingness to take the risk, willingness to fail & learn, willingness to iterate fast
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
No Storage? No Problem
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-CB1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top