Sr Product Manager, Purity
Pure Storage is a fast growing, private company in the heart of the Silicon Valley, whose world-class engineers are disrupting a $15 billion annual market (and growing) for enterprise storage. Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. With over $470 million in funding from some of the most prominent venture capitalists, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from healthcare and education to the largest websites, financial institutions and consumer brands.
Pure Storage is seeking a very seasoned Sr. Product Manager to drive the SW Roadmap for our flagship product, FlashArray. The role will focus on defining and driving features, capabilities and SW products for FlashArray. This person will also be responsible market analysis, technology trends, roadmap, product prioritization and requirements definition, and direct customer/field/partner engagement. The ability to interact with and influence cross-functional teams comprising engineering, CTO office, Partners, Marketing/Sales as well as executive staff is required. This candidate will be a very senior member of Pure’s product management leadership team defining the future of the all-flash array market.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define overall product and feature requirements - Future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends.
- Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements for enterprise-class storage array systems.
- Define Product roadmap for Virtualized Storage environments and Software Defined Cloud Attached Storage.
- Field/Sales – engage key account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model.
- Foster an active ecosystem of customers and partners - Interface with technology partners and vendors, both from the perspective of understanding their technology/product roadmap and influencing them to align with Pure strategy.
- Oversee competitive materials and SE/Sales support materials as well as customer presentations.
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market and technology analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use. Strategize storage/cloud roadmap to offer competitive advantage among Scale-up and Scale-out systems.
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the project teams.
What You Bring To The Team
- 8+ years of combined experience in a product management and product development roles, including 5+ years in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, Master’s Degree a plus.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Strategic leadership and strong business acumen
- Deep, technical understanding of enterprise storage environments, deployments and use cases
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem solving
- Proven track record of developing a vision, strategy and execution plan for a product line
- Direct and relevant experience in a strong understanding of and experience with product lifecycles, release milestones, from concept inception to product end-of-life, with specific experience in product line transitions.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Back to top