Sr Product Manager, Flashblade
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
The Flashblade Team At Pure
At Pure, we're focused on combining the latest hardware technology (e.g., NVMe, 3D XPoint, RoCE, etc.) with software to deliver storage to our customers with a hassle-free service experience. Our tech stack spans low level hardware and firmware, Linux kernel engineering, user-space C++ for our products' storage data path, Python and Java for on-box management, and a full cloud stack (AngularJS, SpringBoot, SNS, SQS, Cassandra, RedShift, etc.) for global monitoring and deep insights from our fleet of storage arrays in the field.
FlashBlade was designed to allow organizations to gain more intelligence from there vast collections of data and to enable speed of innovation from their employees. This is delivered on the premise that new applications are inherently scale-out, using high concurrency to enable new forms of applications such as Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, SW Development, and Simulation/Modelling.
FlashBlade combines in-house designed HW and a new scale out operating system to delivered unmatched performance and simplicity to unstructured file and object workloads. The comprehensive simplicity of our products and our astonishingly awesome proactive support have generated many loyal fans. We've achieved a Satmetrix certified NPS score of 79, making us the #1 recommended enterprise technology vendor by a wide margin.
While we are extremely proud of where we are today with FlashBlade, there is far more we plan to do. We are looking for an exceptional Product Manager to help build the strategy and drive the delivery of the next generation of FlashBlade- continuing our journey as the undisputed leader in data storage technology and customer joy.
What you will be doing
- This is a software centric-role where you will define overall product and feature requirements – future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends for the FlashBlade product.
- Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements for targeted industries and applications
- Work in close partnership with Engineering and Technical leaders to design and refine the simplest to use, highest performance, and most available platform the industry has ever seen.
- Field/Sales – engage key account field sales teams and channel partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the overall customer engagement model.
- Foster an active ecosystem of technology partners - Interface with technology partners and vendors, both from the perspective of understanding their technology/product roadmap and influencing them to align with Pure strategy
- Oversee competitive materials and SE/Sales support materials
- Be an ambassador and spokesperson for Pure Storage in our Executive Briefing Center, on site with our customers, and at industry events
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market and technology analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and goals of the project and provide leadership for the project teams
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of combined experience in a product management and product development roles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- MBA strongly preferred
- Strategic leadership and strong business acumen
- Deep, technical understanding of one or more of: analytics, artificial intelligence, high performance computing, SaaS, public cloud platforms, enterprise infrastructure management, and/or application development
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong capabilities to develop a vision, strategy and execution plan for a product line
- Experience and a strong understanding of and experience with product lifecycles, release milestones, from concept inception
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
No Storage? No Problem
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top