Sr. Payroll Specialist
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
The Payroll Team At Pure
We are looking for a Senior Level Payroll professional with experience in payroll processing, general ledger accounting, and daily accounting activities. If you are detail orientated, service driven and thrives in a fast-paced environment this might be the perfect role for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for US Bi-Weekly and Semi-Monthly payroll
- Responsible for accurate year-end payroll and W-2 processing and government reporting
- Responsible for any inquiry resolution and follow up utilizing ServiceNow
- Ensure that all payroll processing related controls and narratives are kept up to date and accurately represent current best practices
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for process efficiency improvements to improve operations and productivity
- Processes payroll check exceptions and court-ordered deductions
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides General Ledger support within NetSuite
- Ensures timely reporting and payment of the employer’s and employees’ withholding taxes and miscellaneous withholdings to appropriate agencies
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide high-quality customer service
- Maintains knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll requirements and procedures
What You Bring To The Team
- B.A/B.S degree in Finance or Accounting
- Preferably 5+ years of experience in an accounting and finance function
- Good understanding of US GAAP
- A motivated person with the ability to balance multiple request and workloads from both payroll and general ledger teams
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and collaborate with different departments
- Good Excel skills, experience with NetSuite, Paylocity & Workday HCM software a plus
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top