Sr. Manager, Employee Communications and Engagement
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Communication & Engagement Team at Pure
As part of Pure’s Employee Communications & Engagement team, this new role leading employee communications for Pure’s People programs is focused on developing and promoting our global talent brand and rich culture of innovation, diversity, inclusion and belonging. Our ideal candidate will build the vision and influence of this new role, drive strategy and execution of employee communications that scale our culture across our global team, and enable Pure to attract, engage and retain top talent. They will thrive in a fast-moving, quickly growing and innovative organization, and love working with leaders and employees across the company and around the world. They will have a passion for nurturing and evolving our culture, making a positive impact and driving business results.
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive Pure’s People priorities and serve as strategic communications advisor for HR leaders and stakeholders in service of Pure’s shared goals, vision, mission and values.
- Develop and execute a global HR communications strategy that amplifies our vibrant culture and talent brand.
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence for Talent Acquisition, Pure Learning, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and Total Rewards to create our employee value proposition and talent brand narrative and communications strategy.
- Provide strategic communications counsel and execution support for Pure’s executive leaders as related to culture, talent brand and other organizational communications.
- Partner across the organization with key internal stakeholders to develop and support a broad range of internal communications initiatives and events.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
What You Bring To The Team
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
- 8+ years professional experience in internal communications or related field
- Proven track record developing and executing internal, HR and/or talent brand communications at high growth companies
- Strategic acumen and leadership agility: You see the big picture and you’re able to counsel, connect dots and influence leadership, business partners and employees.
- Creativity and vision: You have a strong track record creating effective communications that inspire and resonate with diverse employee audiences.
- Effective enthusiasm: You have proven experience with talent brand marketing and storytelling via written, visual and video communications and social media.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you’re known for building effective relationships up, down and across organizations.
- Pride in your work: You’re a word lover with excellent creative writing and storytelling skills and an obsession with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- A strong left brain (too): You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re a master of prioritization and project management.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment because you are eager to learn, grow and build something great together. Pure is growing fast and your work will directly influence our culture and Pure’s future growth.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we support our engineers in moving around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top