Sr Competitive Intelligence Manager
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash Smart Storage is effortless, efficient, and evergreen. It delivers everything you need for cloud IT, and helps companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Competitive Intelligence Manager who is passionate about defining and enabling the sales team and partners with winning competitive strategies. If you are a self-starter and passionate about competitive research to uncover and articulate competitive advantage, have deep insights into real-world customer issues and storage buyer needs, and have a strong knowledge of storage architectures and products, then this position is for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- Own and drive overall competitive analysis in the area of All Flash Arrays, legacy disk storage, hybrid storage, and hyper-converged storage.
- Provide actionable competitive intelligence and strategy to win deals against the competition by stitching together information from competitor’s technologies, business and go-to- market strategy, product strategy and messaging.
- Own and maintain competitive battlecards and presentations.
- Track, analyze, and share timely responses to competitive announcements and FUD.
- Train Pure Storage sales team and partners on competitive differentiation on an ongoing basis.
- Evangelize Pure's competitive differentiation via EBCs, direct deal support, blogs, etc.
- Interface regularly with Pure’s field teams, field CTOs, product management and product marketing.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ yrs experience in a similar role within the storage industry
- Deep knowledge of storage architectures, products, and landscape
- Strong understanding of the real-world customer issues and the needs of storage buyers
- Strong aptitude for analyzing competitor’s products, strategy, and messaging
- Passion for articulating and arming Pure’s field and partners with actionable competitive intelligence.
- Aptitude for translating technical features to business value as a means of differentiating Pure Storage
- “Can do” attitude
- Comfortable interfacing with senior members of the Pure Storage sales, marketing and engineering teams.
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis.
- Collaborates with others to achieve results
- Executes with urgency (startup time)
- MBA preferred
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top