Solutions Manager, Microsoft Applications
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
Pure Storage is seeking to hire a Solutions Manager focused on Microsoft Products for the Customer Solutions Group within Marketing. This individual is a highly technical professional with an in-depth knowledge Microsoft products and solutions in a storage industry/product context.
You will work to manage the solution roadmap, including short, mid and long term strategy for all Microsoft-specific solutions, create technical content for Pure Storage solutions that are targeted to Customers, Field Sales Teams, and Partners. You will also work closely with Product Management as well as other teams on the company’s current and future strategies. If you are a creative thinker and can independently determine what needs to be done and how to do it, we are looking for you.
Do you thrive on solving problems that help customers address real challenges? Do you want to establish yourself as the owner of one of the fastest growing businesses in the organization? If you want to be part of the solutions application team and have a direct impact on on our product and solutions roadmap and own a revenue generating business engine for the company, then read on.
Your Future Team
We create innovative solutions that address real customer use cases and challenges. We’re developing a unique set of data storage solutions specifically tailored for Microsoft SQL Server and need a self-motivated and creative person to join us. You will have ownership for all solutions involving Microsoft SQL Server.
Examples of current and future projects:
- Accelerating business intelligence with SQL Server on flash
- Field/partner enablement to our sales teams selling into SQL Server environments
- Converged infrastructure for SQL Server, Sharepoint, Exchange
What You Bring To The Team:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team consisting of highly technical and non technical members
- Quickly come up to speed and own marketing solution development, from conception to execution
- A creative mindset that goes beyond traditional methods for solving problems
- Strong content development skills for a range of communication channels -presentations, online blogs, whitepapers etc.
- Strong presentation skills to wide range of audiences
- Responsible to develop, define and manage Microsoft-specific solutions and its strategy as well as working very closely with the engineering to monitor progress and status.
- Collaborate with internal field teams as well as external resources on the customer and partner side determine and commit to solution goals and objectives leading to a solution roadmap that will help influence Pure’s business.
- Assist in technical presentations to Customers and Partners.
- Provide technical strategy in regards to Marketing Requirements Documents (MRD) and Solution Requirement Documents (SRD) what includes participating in cross-functional teams to review and influence other product roadmaps.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is required.
- Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical white papers as well as project outlining and/or planning is preferred.
- Ability to manage, develop and define the solution roadmap and solicit with key stake holders.
- Ability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and cross-functionally within the company.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks within a dynamic work environment.
- Some travel, domestic and international, is required
- Deep Product Knowledge in SQL Server, Exchange, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Hyper-V, Sharepoint
- Public speaking skills are required.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Back to top