Solutions Architect, Service Providers
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
We are looking for a creative, highly energetic Solutions Architect who will be able to design and develop solutions for the service provider market, especially focused on IaaS (hosting) and SaaS service providers. You will be the subject matter expert, creating innovative solutions and messaging them to our sales force and end users. You will also be supporting pre-sales activity in this role by meeting our customers, gathering their requirements, and developing engineering solutions. You’ll work closely with our product management, product marketing, engineering, and alliance teams to define and develop leading product and solution roadmaps. In this high-visibility role you’ll drive Pure to meet its strategic goals to become a leading provider of cloud IT.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with a cross-functional team at Pure to define and develop solutions for the service provider market
- Collaborate with other Solutions Architects to make other solutions developed at Pure more relevant to the service provider market whenever an opportunity presents itself
- Develop solution-specific collateral for service providers like white papers and reference architectures. Collaborate with product marketing team to generate collateral like data sheets, presentations, web content etc.
- Represent Pure at major industry service provider focused events. You will be required to present at these venues, show casing Pure technology and service provider solutions
- Support executive briefings and webinars whenever required
- Train Pure sales, technology partners and channel partners on messaging and differentiation
- Collaborate with Pure product management and Engineering to define and prioritize product and support features to enable great segment adoption and preference
- Roughly 50/50 time spent customer facing vs solutions strategy focus
What You Bring To The Team
- 7+ yrs experience in a similar role within the tech industry (IHV, ISV, or hosting service provider). Knowledge of the IaaS and SaaS buyer and market
- 5+ yrs of storage industry experience. Deep knowledge of what customers look for in a storage product to fit into service provider market is a very big plus
- Knowledge of one of the virtualization platforms like vSphere or Hyper-V or OpenStack is a major requirementHigh energy and passion with a “can do” attitude
- Highly collaborative. You are naturally proactive and inclusive of stakeholder feedback
- Ability to understand customers requirements and translate them to storage level function / feature requirements
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS technology or one of the server vendors is a plus
- Understanding of container technology and orchestration platforms is a plus
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Strong writer – Ability to document our solution value proposition along with technical details
- Strong speaker. Again concise, conversational and engaging. Comfortable on stage with large groups. Executive presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Recognized in the industry as a SME for the service provider space is added advantage
- Technical undergraduate degree (BS) preferred. Having Masters degree is a plus
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top