Solution Marketing Manager, Business Applications
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
We are looking for a creative, high energy Solution Marketing Manager, business applications who will be able to effectively develop top notch assets and communicate solution value of our Pure Solutions for SAP, Microsoft, and Oracle offerings to converged infrastructure and business applications buyers. You will be the subject matter expert conceiving and developing innovative messaging and marketing programs that drive end user and buyer demand. You’ll work closely with our solutions management team to define product roadmaps, and define and execute on GTM strategies. You’ll also work closely with our and reseller marketing team to build channel-ready collateral and messaging. In this role you’ll be able to flex your Business Application muscles and help Pure Storage customers get the most value possible out of their storage investment for SAP/Microsoft/Oracle environments.
What you will be doing:
- Define, articulate and communicate solution value and messaging, i.e. answer clearly “Why Pure for SAP/Microsoft/Oracle?”
- Integrate technology partner messaging with core Pure Storage messaging and differentiation, i.e. answer clearly “Why Pure? Why our SI partners? And why our integrated offering vs. competition?”
- Develop solution collateral and assets. Collateral will include data sheets, presentations, web content, white papers, videos etc.
- Train Pure Storage sales, technology partners and channel partners on messaging and differentiation.
- Influence and support marketing to channel partners (current and future) to encourage adoption of Pure Storage converged infrastructure as part of their selling portfolio.
- Support marketing campaigns; develop assets (infographics, targeted messaging/decks, content copy blocks, etc.) as necessary.
- Present at executive briefings, events, and webinars.
What You Bring To The Team
- 10+ yrs experience in a similar role within the tech industry (preferably business applications – SAP, Microsoft, Oracle, enterprise storage, private cloud or all of the above)
- MBA or Masters degree preferred
- Knowledge of the business applications - buyer and market
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefits
- High energy and passion with a “can do” attitude
- Strong aptitude for distilling complex technical differentiators into simple, sticky stories
- Expert at creating effective PowerPoint presentations
- An innate talent for spotting technical differentiators and tying that to business value
- A focus on business economics and the strategic impact of convergence on IT transformation
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Collaborates with others to achieve results
- Executes with urgency, not afraid to dig into new problems or lend a hand to other projects
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-CA1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top