Software System Test Engineer
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
- Test and qualify shipping releases
- Plan and execute new feature testing
- Perform ad-hoc, automated and manual testing
- Work with Support and Escalation teams to help reproduce and root cause customer issues
- Identifying, analyzing, and documenting any defects discovered during testing
- Design and build tools and automation to simplify testing and integration workflows
- Triage and debug test failures across a multi-machine hardware/software stack
What You Bring To The Team
- Experience with virtualization technologies: VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack, Oracle
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems: Linux, Solaris, Windows
- Knowledge of storage protocols Fibre Channel, FCoE, iSCSI
- Strong familiarity with one or more database technologies: Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MariaDB, mySQL, PostGres
- Ability to independently create and maintain test environments
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects in fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of system testing and quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Fluency in scripting languages like Python, Bash, Ruby or Perl
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- 4+ years relevant work experience
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
- A culture that gives back! Get involved in our community work with other Puritans through our Pure Good foundation.
Back to top