Software Engineering -Technical Program Manager
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage is seeking a Technical Program Manager to lead complex engineering projects and releases from conception through release. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You will manage and improve existing processes, develop tools, manage software releases and deliver on other Engineering programs. You’ll be exercising independent judgment and developing recommendations that translate into a course of action. You will also be challenged with responsibilities including:
- Manage complex technical projects or programs, develop and manage milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
- Interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Manage and improve existing product development and software release processes.
- Collaborate with Engineering management on improving the development workflow and Engineering efficiency.
- Use exceptional communication skills to understand and communicate project strategy and engineering issues and dependencies.
- Identify and solve cross-functional and inter-team issues quickly.
What You Bring To The Team
- Technical aptitude, as evidenced by B.S. in Computer Science or related technical/quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in project management in software release or product design and delivery.
- Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and relevance to the marketplace.
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage/juggle competing priorities without loss of efficiency.
- Prior role working in a software development role or organization strongly preferred.
- Experience with code repository/control systems (SVN, Git, etc).
- Proficient in generating actionable metrics, reports, and dashboards to highlight project health and status
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top