Software Engineer, OpenStack/Newstack Integrations
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Newstack Team at Pure
The Newstack Team focuses on integrating Pure’s storage products into the Newstack ecosystems. The team closely cooperates with the open source community (Openstack, Docker, & Kubernetes to name a few) and focuses on seamlessly integrating all enterprise & cloud storage features into this fast growing ecosystem.
What you will be doing:
- We are looking for an experienced engineer with deep background in web scale applications that can help us deliver the best integrations of our storage products in newstack platforms and newstack applications such as Openstack, container orchestrations (ie; Docker, Kubernetes, etc), and Apache Spark, etc.
- You will work closely with cross-functional teams at Pure, as well as with the open source community to promote our Newstack storage integration vision.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience in micro services, container, and web scale applications development.
- Although not necessarily required some open source experience in openstack, or kubernetes is beneficial
- Some knowledge of Python and Go is beneficial
- Experience with cloud and on-premises infrastructure development and deployment
- Customer focused and eager to help Pure’s storage newstack vision
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top